By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What is your sexual orientation?

I'm also aromantic

Around the Network
Metallox said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Isn't it normal for guys to just randomly get hard sometimes?

To tell you the truth, I haven't randomly gotten hard in the last few years, it's always for a good reason. 

EDIT: 'Few years' is since puberty, so 10 years give or take. 

Serious? It's common for me to get hard for no reason at all, happens quite often 

TomaTito said:

These kind of topics seem out of place in a video game forum, just like politics.

It is not a topic that makes me want to log in at VGC.

Do you know any forum where only its main theme is discussed? I will bet the answer is no (but id you knows please share), at best you have a space where political discussions, or any polarization discussion on that regard, are forbidden to avoid fighting 

Forums are some subset of social networks, they are made for people share ideas and experiences and know more about each other, I don't see how this is out of place, it's actually in the right place

SecondWar said:
DPsx7 said:

I've heard that somewhere before. Probably that. Long time ago as a school fundraiser there was some kind of dating match survey thing and I didn't get above 50%. Go me?

From what you've said, you sound like you're an aromatic asexual. If you're not familiar with the term, it would mean you're not interested in dating anyone period. This is opposed to a romantic asexual who does want to date people but has no sexual desire.

This clip from the Netflix series Sex Education seems to sum it up pretty well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOxOiC1fT_8

Isn't that someone who smells good when he's not having sex?

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
SecondWar said:

From what you've said, you sound like you're an aromatic asexual. If you're not familiar with the term, it would mean you're not interested in dating anyone period. This is opposed to a romantic asexual who does want to date people but has no sexual desire.

This clip from the Netflix series Sex Education seems to sum it up pretty well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOxOiC1fT_8

Isn't that someone who smells good when he's not having sex?

Stupid autocorrect- should be aromantic asexual

Around the Network
YanisFromFrance said:
I'm also aromantic

First time I read about that. I would be sad if I was like that, I always crave for a good romance. 

IcaroRibeiro said:
Metallox said:

To tell you the truth, I haven't randomly gotten hard in the last few years, it's always for a good reason. 

EDIT: 'Few years' is since puberty, so 10 years give or take. 

Serious? It's common for me to get hard for no reason at all, happens quite often 

One of the last times it happened to me was when I was about twelve years, I think. I was in front of my mother and she surely must have noticed because not long after my father and I had a conversation about it. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Metallox said:
YanisFromFrance said:
I'm also aromantic

First time I read about that. I would be sad if I was like that, I always crave for a good romance. 

Well, I mean why would you be sad about something you don't crave? Being straight, I have no craving for sex with men; that doesn't make me sad as it's simply not something I need. An unmet need can make one sad, but it can't be unmet if you don't have that need in the first place.

Im a straight guy but I’d let a guy or shemale do me once. “Shrugs” 

Sounds like fun.

Last edited by UltimateGamer1982 - on 24 October 2020

Straight. Right-handed. I think it would also be interesting to hear especially from left-handed people in what sphere do they work. Because there is a common assumption that left-handed people have art talents and are leaning towards making creative stuff.

Depends on the day. like 90% asexual (not explicitly interested in sex with anyone), but of the remaining 10% when I am interested, it's like 80/20 in favour of being straight. this is increasingly complicated when you factor in my gender identity, which is fluid depending on the day. the balance is still 80/20 but it flip-flops with straight/gay depending on gender, so I prefer women most of the time regardless of how I feel, making it 80% straight when I feel male and 20% straight when I feel female.

but my fantasies are always 80% straight, so when I'm getting art depicting my character as a female I almost always prefer male partners, and when I'm depicted as male I almost always prefer female partners.

It's insanely complicated. so much so that I more or less gave up on trying to explain it in a concise way. I basically gave up on dating because of it. Nothing like starting a lovely dinner with a 3-paragraph diatribe explaining exactly how I feel, when I feel it, and how that'll impact my attraction to a single person at any given time. It's also why I don't believe in monogamy (I wouldn't wanna put someone through that if they and I didn't have others to fill in the gaps, in a matter of speaking)

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android