Forums - Sony Discussion - What's next for Naughty Dog?

Lately, I've been wondering about what is next in ND's future...

I doubt they will make a new Uncharted game, the franchise seems saturated Imo. On the other hand, I still think they are going to explore the universe of TLOU to make a new game. They could make a prequel setting Joel as the main protagonist, or maybe Tommy in his days as a Firefly. A new Ip is also a possibility, of couse.

So, what do you guys think?



Around the Network

Going by Naughty Dogs records its going to be a new IP. We had a potential leak last year on 4Chan/Reddit. It might have something to do with the constant teases of Savage Starlight?



https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/chwmul/naughty_dogs_new_ip_strays_cross_leak_from_a/

Might contain minor spoilers, if you don't want to read its going to be an FPS and a Steampunk game. Take with grain of salt since this is rumour but apparently its the same source who leaked TLOU 2 release date.



It's gonna be a new IP. A dystopian adventure where alphamale simps are the subservient race to amazon women. The gameplay has you play as a simp who has to compile diet plans and gather protein to earn the privilege to be kept alive and play Duke Nukem Forever one time a week.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

hinch said:

Going by Naughty Dogs records its going to be a new IP. We had a potential leak last year on 4Chan/Reddit. It might have something to do with the constant teases of Savage Starlight?



https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/chwmul/naughty_dogs_new_ip_strays_cross_leak_from_a/

Might contain minor spoilers, if you don't want to read its going to be an FPS and a Steampunk game. Take with grain of salt since this is rumour but apparently its the same source who leaked TLOU 2 release date.

I hope this is BS



 

Yeah same. I don't really play much FPS games outside of CS Go. I would much prefer a third person action game.

I think TLOU might be dead, for now at least. I think the A team (assuming there's a B team) went a bit over their heads with TLOU 2 and went and killed the franchise for a lot of people, unintentionally. Tbh I would rather have them concentrate on a new IP and maybe another Uncharted.



Around the Network

I would like if it was a new IP but on similar way of Uncharted action adventure with big set pieces, platforming and all.
Sony could also buy a smaller dev to reboot Uncharted and do it all over again =] but ND needs to do the next big IP.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
hinch said:

Going by Naughty Dogs records its going to be a new IP. We had a potential leak last year on 4Chan/Reddit. It might have something to do with the constant teases of Savage Starlight?



https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/chwmul/naughty_dogs_new_ip_strays_cross_leak_from_a/

Might contain minor spoilers, if you don't want to read its going to be an FPS and a Steampunk game. Take with grain of salt since this is rumour but apparently its the same source who leaked TLOU 2 release date.

I hope this is BS

Why? What do you imagine this entails? 




A new God of war. A torture porn adventure starring atreus' mother, in which she bitch slaps kratos for being a wuss



I hope something with a good story. TLOU2 really did not do it for me.
Uncharted could go on without them. I'd like to see Uncharted - Cutting loose revolcing around Cutter.
I hope it is not a FPS or anything first person really, don't like that perspective.
A party based rpg would be very welcome, but is probably a pipe-dream.
Something high concept science fiction would be cool as well. Perhapy 2, or 3 smaller games, 30 € each, 10 hours playtime, quicker development. With this a botched story would not hurt as much, since the next one is in the horizon already.



JuliusHackebeil said:
I hope something with a good story. TLOU2 really did not do it for me.
Uncharted could go on without them. I'd like to see Uncharted - Cutting loose revolcing around Cutter.
I hope it is not a FPS or anything first person really, don't like that perspective.
A party based rpg would be very welcome, but is probably a pipe-dream.
Something high concept science fiction would be cool as well. Perhapy 2, or 3 smaller games, 30 € each, 10 hours playtime, quicker development. With this a botched story would not hurt as much, since the next one is in the horizon already.

Yeah TLOU 2 went way too dark and in the deep end. We don't need another game like that any time soon. It needs to be more light-hearted game.

I wouldn't mind if they had a go at Sci-fi with RPG elements. If it was something akin to a Mass Effect I wouldn't complain. Like, at all.