By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The incredible SwitchBox/the magnificient SwitchPass

 

What platforms do you own/plan to own?

Xbox+Game Pass+Switch 15 34.09%
 
Xbox+Switch 1 2.27%
 
Game Pass+Switch 5 11.36%
 
Xbox+Game Pass 3 6.82%
 
only Xbox 0 0%
 
only Game Pass 0 0%
 
only Switch 19 43.18%
 
neither 1 2.27%
 
Total:44

I plan to stick with Switch only. I've never owned an XBox, and now it looks like I never have to. If I get Gamepass it will be to play Lost Odyssey and drop it a month later (assuming Lost Odyssey is on Gamepass). It's the only exclusive on any XBox platform that I'm really interested in playing.



Around the Network
Has said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:
Only Switch.

I'm not really interested into 99.99% of what AAA publishers produce, which makes the Gamepass lose amost all of it's value for me. And I have a gaming PC, which means I have no interest for an Xbox either.

Gamepass has a lot of non AAA games too (ori, overcooked, night in the woods and many others). Some launch on gamepass day 1, some come after a few months. If you didn't know, it might be worth seeing if they interest you. Otherwise, disregard this post :)

I checked it's catalogue and yeah, there are quite a few games I would play. But buying them during a steam sale would get me cheaper (well, those I don't own already, that is) in the end and I wouldn't have to worry about ongoing subscription costs.

And that leads us to my other problem: I don't get enough time to play so many different games, so a subscription like Game Pass would thus mostly go to waste.



Xbox and Nintendo are pretty cozy. Nintendo agrees to Banjo and Minecraft Steve on Smash. MS gives Ori 1 and 2 to Switch along with other smaller titles. As Xbox fans we have no beef with Nintendo or their community. They doing their own thing and we do ours. Perfect allies in gaming. I think Series S and Switch/Lite is a great combo in place of say a stand-alone PS5.



Bofferbrauer2 said:
Has said:

Gamepass has a lot of non AAA games too (ori, overcooked, night in the woods and many others). Some launch on gamepass day 1, some come after a few months. If you didn't know, it might be worth seeing if they interest you. Otherwise, disregard this post :)

I checked it's catalogue and yeah, there are quite a few games I would play. But buying them during a steam sale would get me cheaper (well, those I don't own already, that is) in the end and I wouldn't have to worry about ongoing subscription costs.

And that leads us to my other problem: I don't get enough time to play so many different games, so a subscription like Game Pass would thus mostly go to waste.

Fair enough. It doesn't work for everybody. 



Of these, I'm sticking with Switch, and I will definitely be buying its successor. And when all is said and done, I'm more likely to be a PS5witch person than anything. The only Xbox I've owned was the 360, and it wasn't a great experience.



Around the Network

Xbox+Gamepass+Switch

Ps5 possibly when the next gen it almost over to play exclusives



How about we call the movement... NX



TomaTito said:

Let's call this movement the NSbox.

trasharmdsister12 said:
Series NS?
Yassgragra said:
How about we call the movement... NX

Nice suggestions. I add them to the OP.



3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [1], [2], [3], [4]

TomaTito said:

Been postponing for years to build a new PC, but would buy the SeX/S if it could be a HTPC.
Having Windows 10 and Gamepass would be a great incentive to purchase the hardware.

Yeah, Gamepass is such an insane value, that makes me consider the hardware too.

TruckOSaurus said:
I would fall into the SwitchPass category here. Lately Switch has been taking the majority of my gaming time but I still watch from time to time what is available on Game Pass PC.

And that is the good thing with a subscription service like this, you can play as much as you want, less some times, more at others, but you don't need to worry about it.

Kristof81 said:
I'd love to see it, however, I doubt it will ever happen. I guess it depends on how much of a threat PS5 will turn out to be for Switch and XB platforms. If we see Sony dominating the market, it's safe to assume that we will also see more consumer-friendly solutions from the competition.

Oh, at the Wii60-days there was no official cooperation ongoing. I talk purely about cooperation of the fanbases, that may or may not supported by decisions of the companies (like Ori on Switch and Steve and Banjo in Smash).

OTBWY said:
I think it's just a mutual cooperation and benefit for the time being, but it won't go further than that. Likely because Nintendo is always on its own course.

Anyway, I have both systems and gamepass.

Again, whatever the companies do, the two communities happily playing together might still happening.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Only Switch.

I'm not really interested into 99.99% of what AAA publishers produce, which makes the Gamepass lose amost all of it's value for me. And I have a gaming PC, which means I have no interest for an Xbox either.

I think Gamepass is insane value, even with stuff like Dragon Quest XI, Age of Empires, Disgaea 4 and so on.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
I plan to stick with Switch only. I've never owned an XBox, and now it looks like I never have to. If I get Gamepass it will be to play Lost Odyssey and drop it a month later (assuming Lost Odyssey is on Gamepass). It's the only exclusive on any XBox platform that I'm really interested in playing.

I actually don't see Lost Odyssey on Gamepass. Maybe the contract with Mistwalker didn't cover that. Nevertheless it has japanese RPGs like Dragon Quest, Tales, Final Fantasy, Disgaea.

sales2099 said:
Xbox and Nintendo are pretty cozy. Nintendo agrees to Banjo and Minecraft Steve on Smash. MS gives Ori 1 and 2 to Switch along with other smaller titles. As Xbox fans we have no beef with Nintendo or their community. They doing their own thing and we do ours. Perfect allies in gaming. I think Series S and Switch/Lite is a great combo in place of say a stand-alone PS5.

I think perfect allies in gaming puts it best. If you like more japanese games and Nintendo stuff, Switch has you covered. If you like western games, Gamepass has your back. If you like both - well then the combo is perfect. But even if you like only one of the two sides, it makes perfect sense to say a Smash-player on Switch and a Halo-player on Xbox working together as one game community. There is no reason for hating each other.



3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:

The_Liquid_Laser said:
I plan to stick with Switch only. I've never owned an XBox, and now it looks like I never have to. If I get Gamepass it will be to play Lost Odyssey and drop it a month later (assuming Lost Odyssey is on Gamepass). It's the only exclusive on any XBox platform that I'm really interested in playing.

I actually don't see Lost Odyssey on Gamepass. Maybe the contract with Mistwalker didn't cover that. Nevertheless it has japanese RPGs like Dragon Quest, Tales, Final Fantasy, Disgaea.

I may end up breaking down and buying an old XBox360 at some point just to play Lost Odyssey.

Anyway, I'm not interested in Gamepass for JRPG's.  I can buy these same JRPGs on the Switch, and I'd rather own physical copies than have a subscription.  I don't need Gamepass.