By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best One-Off Titles/ Games Without a Sequel

Tagged games:

psychicscubadiver said:
World of Goo

Another one I missed; awesome little gem, one of my surprise favourites of 2008 back when it came out on Wii.

Wonder why they never followed it up.

Around the Network
coolbeans said:
I don't think Alan Wake should count. While not a full sequel, Alan Wake's American Nightmare was a totally new entry into said universe. And I thought it was an awesome arcade-entry game.

Yeah American Nightmare is a standalone game (spinoff) and we did get a DLC tie-in with Control. There's also heavy hints that there are is a new AW coming as well.

Adding to the list no World of Warcraft 2.

deleted

psychicscubadiver said:
drbunnig said:

This has a sequel called Last Window: The Secret of Cape West

Never released in my region so it's effectively a stand-alone for me.

Oh right. Your logic makes no sense to me, but it is what it is.

Ka-pi96 said:
S.Peelman said:

Why is it always specifically a “country”-mile? Seems unnecessary info, besides, a nautical mile is more.

It's an idiom. A regular (or nautical) mile has a specific distance. A country mile doesn't, it just means "a very long way".

I'd assume it originated back when the size of miles was relative to the area, rather than a set length everywhere.

I actually didn’t know about it originally being a relative length. Learn something new every day.

Around the Network

Black

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

curl-6 said:

Vanquish

Awesome lightning-paced arcadey action with one of the coolest implementations of bullet time in a game to date.

Shadow of the Colossus

Some of the most epic boss fights in gaming history, supplemented by a powerful atmosphere and an amazing sountrack.

Puppeteer

A unique and charming platformer with tons of variety and imaginative design.

I still hate how they sabotaged this game by releasing it right before the PS4 and not giving it a current gen port :(

Was gonna say Okami but then remembered Okamiden -_-

Otter said:
curl-6 said:

Vanquish

Awesome lightning-paced arcadey action with one of the coolest implementations of bullet time in a game to date.

Shadow of the Colossus

Some of the most epic boss fights in gaming history, supplemented by a powerful atmosphere and an amazing sountrack.

Puppeteer

A unique and charming platformer with tons of variety and imaginative design.

I still hate how they sabotaged this game by releasing it right before the PS4 and not giving it a current gen port :(

Yeah it probably should've been cross-gen. It already looked great on PS3, just pop it in 1080p/60fps on PS4 and it would've been golden. As things were, it was kinda sent out to die.