By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best One-Off Titles/ Games Without a Sequel

Tagged games:

drbunnig said:
psychicscubadiver said:

Hotel Dusk: Room 215

This has a sequel called Last Window: The Secret of Cape West

Never released in my region so it's effectively a stand-alone for me.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Lost Odyssey by a country mile! As far as I'm concerned it's Final Fantasy 11, but unfortunately that's not its official name so it still counts.

Why is it always specifically a “country”-mile? Seems unnecessary info, besides, a nautical mile is more.

Astral Chain

Stella Glow

Runbow

It is actually hard thinking of one off titles that I absolutely loved.

1doesnotsimply

Threads of Fate (Dewprism in Japan)

Someone also reminded me of Folklore.

Really thick atmosphere in that game, that reminded me of Shadow Hearts.

Little King's Story

Elebits

Fluidity

Lots of Wii games for me, which is a shame since many of them could be continue on the Switch.

Around the Network

I don't think Alan Wake should count. While not a full sequel, Alan Wake's American Nightmare was a totally new entry into said universe. And I thought it was an awesome arcade-entry game.

Sunset Overdrive comes to mind

psychicscubadiver said:
World of Goo

Another one I missed; awesome little gem, one of my surprise favourites of 2008 back when it came out on Wii.

Wonder why they never followed it up.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

coolbeans said:
I don't think Alan Wake should count. While not a full sequel, Alan Wake's American Nightmare was a totally new entry into said universe. And I thought it was an awesome arcade-entry game.

Yeah American Nightmare is a standalone game (spinoff) and we did get a DLC tie-in with Control. There's also heavy hints that there are is a new AW coming as well.

Adding to the list no World of Warcraft 2.

deleted