By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best One-Off Titles/ Games Without a Sequel

Tagged games:

shikamaru317 said:

Wolf Among Us has a sequel in development currently, just in case you didn't know. 

Had no idea I thought it was cancelled. That's awesome though! I really enjoyed the TWaU.

Around the Network

Full Throttle

Grim Fandango

Blade Runner

Toonstruck

Technobabylon

Unavowed

Disco Elysium

Stardew Valley: It's not quite 5 years old yet and is made by one guy. But plenty of games have sequels released or announced before then. If we do get a Stardew Valley 2, it's probably at least 5 years away.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Shadow of the Colossus (if it counts) and The World Ends With You for me.

Bloodborne!

Around the Network

Conker's Bad Fur Day.
A gloriously off-the-wall and crude adventure with tons of variety and immature charm.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 12 October 2020

Catherine

shikamaru317 said:
hinch said:

Had no idea I thought it was cancelled. That's awesome though! I really enjoyed the TWaU.

Yeah, after the old Telltale was closed down in early 2018 due to mismanagement, some investors bought the Wolf Among Us IP and renewed Telltales Batman license, and opened a new Telltale in late 2018, which hired several former employees of the old Telltale and put Wolf Among Us 2 back into development again, with some assistance by a 2nd studio made up of former Telltale devs. The new Telltale is much smaller and is planning to focus on one game at a time, instead of trying to manage like 4 at once, which is what ultimately lead to the downfall of the old Telltale, they grew too large too fast.

That's cool. I pretty much like all their games, so this is good to hear. They did bite off more then they can chew. Hopefully they are successful with the new games so we can see more of these spin off stories.

The Borderlands and Batman ones were especially good.

Hogs of War. It's Gremlin Graphics (Gremlin Interactives) masterpiece. Years of work an experience brought them to it before they shut down following the death of Infograms.

Jade Empire
Dragon's Dogma
Prey
Prey
Alan Wake
Quantum Break
Sunset Overdrive
Alien Isolation
Child of Light
Metal Gear Rising
LA Noire