By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 4000+ games backwards compatible Day 1. PSN library carries over to PS5

Runa216 said:
Libara said:

The last few weeks your insecurities have really been showing.

Insecurity? hah! what do I have to be insecure about? PS4 and Switch are doing phenomenally, the two companies I root for are kicking the ass of the competition! 

I dislike Microsoft because they keep fucking up and are doing nothing to turn their fortunes around. They keep making promises, but I've yet to see any of them pay off. They are a company with a VERY distinct identity and don't diversify...yet. The only games on Xbox I care about are Ori, Cuphead, Rare Replay, and Sunset Overdrive. Both Ori games and Cuphead are on Switch, and Cuphead is also on PS4. all other new exclusives are also on PC. I think that's kinda lame, and not good for console development. Microsoft have great strategies as a third party developer or publisher, not a console manufacturer.

I've explained myself using both subjective opinions on the matter and objective facts about Microsoft, but I'm the bad guy because I think they're doing poorly...despite the numbers supporting that assessment. I am not insecure, I'm tired of seeing bad logic being used to defend a company that keeps fucking up.

LivingMetal said:

How do you know that casuals don't care?  Look how well the Switch has already outsold the Xbox One lifetime sales while outselling both the PS4 and Xbox One in recent sales.  One could reasonably attest that the Switch backward compatibility was one of the driving factors while the Xbox One backward compatibility was not.  It's reasonable.  Then you factor in that the PS4 has virtually no backward compatibility which logically in turn paints a more accurate picture of the Xbox One backward compatibility effectiveness or lack there of.  So I'm I calling the Switch a casual console?  No.  But using YOUR logic and the previously reasonable stated points, the Switch is more hardcore than the Xbox.  Remember, I'm not claiming that.  I'm using your logic in conjunction with FACTS.  And you talk about fallacy?  Well, it appears that it certainly applies to your attempt of an argument as now shown to all whether you care to acknowledge it or not.  Especially when you attempt these tactics:

And there are hardcores/enthusiasts who while appreciate the choice of backwards compatibility, may not have that option/feature high on their list of priorities such as..... you?  Part of your problem is that you're painting such an assumed broad stroke that you think applies to the preconceived groups you've already self-established. And I've never faulted anyone for having a console preference.  But it's "enthusiasts" such as yourself that have taken such a narrow view that when the bigger picture is presented (to include Nintendo) your argument so... falls... apart.

Just is.

Have a Blessed night.

Been trying to discuss this sort of crap with them with their poor logic and fallacies and confusing subjectivity with objectivity and their disconnect with reality for ages. did it so much I got banned from the Microsoft forum. SOME fans can't handle reality. 

I love the WiiU but I accept that it failed. I thought the Vita was amazing but it failed just as hard. I'm not dying on a hill for those consoles no matter how much I love it. I felt both had great features and options, but clearly those features didn't resonate with audiences enough to overcome the shortcomings. My personal taste in games and my personal values on what is and is not good does not make a difference when it comes to facts. That's where I differ with Xbox One fans.

FYI you were banned because literally several people were pointing out the blatant bias clouding your judgement that you couldn’t possibly keep up in responding to everybody. It was one of those cases where you refused to give an inch and adopt the whole “I’m right and everyone is wrong” approach. Which is never true every time it happens (the expression I quoted). 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:

FYI you were banned because literally several people were pointing out the blatant bias clouding your judgement that you couldn’t possibly keep up in responding to everybody. It was one of those cases where you refused to give an inch and adopt the whole “I’m right and everyone is wrong” approach. Which is never true every time it happens (the expression I quoted). 

That's cute. I'm not wrong - I rarely am - and I was definitely right about everything I said. the numbers don't lie, the interpretations were in line with reality, and it doesn't matter how many people disagree with me, that doesn't make me wrong. According to some studies, 1 in 10 people don't believe we landed on the moon, but those people are not using proper logic and are not interpreting the data with any level of intelligence. There's no such thing as being nonbiased, but you need to learn the difference between objective facts and subjective opinions. I've always been clear with what's fact and what's opinion.

And as a result, the mods of this forum can be just as subject to bias, resulting in me getting banned not because I'm wrong or unreasonable but because enough people were pissed off at me repeatedly shoving the truth in people's faces in an uncompromising way and bitched about it. Right or wrong is irrelevant, I was a dick about being right, THAT's why I was banned. 

You can like Xbox all you want and you can think that their current business propositions will pay off in the end (They might actually do that! I hope they either succeed or drop out becuase right now they're hurting the industry), but don't try to pretend that they already have succeeded and are doing well, and don't argue with me about it unless you've got much better arguments than you currently do. 

To be clear, I actually do like you, but I still think it's absolutely hilarious that Xbox is doing so poorly and people criticize them so hard and so repeatedly that their fans are treated like a minority in need of special protections on here and that I got banned for being too critical of a game company. Like, this is a videogame forum, where we discuss sales of games and their successes, I figured discussing things like this would be fair game. but nope. Apparently you can criticize a company too hard on a forum discussing company success. 

But hey, keep being offended by reality. That's cool.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
sales2099 said:

That's cute. I'm not wrong - I rarely am - and I was definitely right about everything I said. the numbers don't lie, the interpretations were in line with reality, and it doesn't matter how many people disagree with me, that doesn't make me wrong. According to some studies, 1 in 10 people don't believe we landed on the moon, but those people are not using proper logic and are not interpreting the data with any level of intelligence. There's no such thing as being nonbiased, but you need to learn the difference between objective facts and subjective opinions. I've always been clear with what's fact and what's opinion.

And as a result, the mods of this forum can be just as subject to bias, resulting in me getting banned not because I'm wrong or unreasonable but because enough people were pissed off at me repeatedly shoving the truth in people's faces in an uncompromising way and bitched about it. Right or wrong is irrelevant, I was a dick about being right, THAT's why I was banned. 

You can like Xbox all you want and you can think that their current business propositions will pay off in the end (They might actually do that! I hope they either succeed or drop out becuase right now they're hurting the industry), but don't try to pretend that they already have succeeded and are doing well, and don't argue with me about it unless you've got much better arguments than you currently do. 

To be clear, I actually do like you, but I still think it's absolutely hilarious that Xbox is doing so poorly and people criticize them so hard and so repeatedly that their fans are treated like a minority in need of special protections on here and that I got banned for being too critical of a game company. Like, this is a videogame forum, where we discuss sales of games and their successes, I figured discussing things like this would be fair game. but nope. Apparently you can criticize a company too hard on a forum discussing company success. 

You validate my point in your first sentence but I know you very sure of yourself. Nobody was debating you on past failures but rather on your doom-and-gloom forecast for the next gen.

FYI I think they have laid the foundation to succeed next gen, but is too late this gen to make a difference. And you ok too, you just a tough nut to crack is all. Can’t wait for plans to come to fruition and then see what you have to say. But until then, let’s not continue this here, it’s a bit off topic now. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Conina said:
LurkerJ said:
All the generation defining games from the HD twins era (lol), how few they may be, were remastered or ported to the PS4 anyway, except for Demon's Souls... oh wait

Metal Gear Solid 4? inFamous 1 + 2? Heavenly Sword? Puppeteer? Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction? ICO HD? Sly 4?

All bolded available through PS Now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Signalstar said:
Conina said:

Metal Gear Solid 4? inFamous 1 + 2? Heavenly Sword? Puppeteer? Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction? ICO HD? Sly 4?

All bolded available through PS Now.

Wait, Ratchet and Clank Future was ps3? Has it been that long already.
A crack in time was amazing, pls remaster it for psvr :) Ratchet and Clank would be amazing in VR.

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
sales2099 said:

sales2099 said:
Runa216 said:

Insecurity? hah! what do I have to be insecure about? PS4 and Switch are doing phenomenally, the two companies I root for are kicking the ass of the competition! 

I dislike Microsoft because they keep fucking up and are doing nothing to turn their fortunes around. They keep making promises, but I've yet to see any of them pay off. They are a company with a VERY distinct identity and don't diversify...yet. The only games on Xbox I care about are Ori, Cuphead, Rare Replay, and Sunset Overdrive. Both Ori games and Cuphead are on Switch, and Cuphead is also on PS4. all other new exclusives are also on PC. I think that's kinda lame, and not good for console development. Microsoft have great strategies as a third party developer or publisher, not a console manufacturer.

I've explained myself using both subjective opinions on the matter and objective facts about Microsoft, but I'm the bad guy because I think they're doing poorly...despite the numbers supporting that assessment. I am not insecure, I'm tired of seeing bad logic being used to defend a company that keeps fucking up.

Been trying to discuss this sort of crap with them with their poor logic and fallacies and confusing subjectivity with objectivity and their disconnect with reality for ages. did it so much I got banned from the Microsoft forum. SOME fans can't handle reality. 

I love the WiiU but I accept that it failed. I thought the Vita was amazing but it failed just as hard. I'm not dying on a hill for those consoles no matter how much I love it. I felt both had great features and options, but clearly those features didn't resonate with audiences enough to overcome the shortcomings. My personal taste in games and my personal values on what is and is not good does not make a difference when it comes to facts. That's where I differ with Xbox One fans.

Please don't speak on behalf of the mod team, either of you. 

And, at this point you've both drifted away from the actual topic of backwards compatibility of the PS5. So, if you want to continue, get back on that topic. Otherwise, PM each other about it. Further derailing may, and most likely will, be met with thread bans or general bans as may be warranted.

So basically almost full BC with PS4,  nice.

To those wondering why for no PS3 BC. Its down to the hardware. Mainly because it would take a monumental effort to emulate the CPU in the PS3. Here's a video explaining it -

So yeah even with future PlayStations PS3 BC isn't happening. PS1 and 2 is possible on PS5 though in future updates. Really hoping they release the latter two consoles games on PSN like on the PS3.

Last edited by hinch - on 12 October 2020

mZuzek said:
hinch said:

To those wondering why for no PS3 BC. Its down to the hardware. Mainly because it would take a monumental effort to emulate the CPU in the PS3.

I know things aren't as simple as this, but I find it funny that the best PlayStation emulator on PC is the one Sony can't emulate on their own hardware.

Yeah it can emulate them on RPCS3. Though only a portion of games work and thats with years of work (think 9 years). And even then the performance just isn't there even with the highest end CPU's bruteforcing it. A lot of games would also need patches to get good performance. So, its not worth it for Sony :P

So it has full physical BC, or just the compatible games?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

mZuzek said:
hinch said:

Yeah it can emulate them on RPCS3. Though only a portion of games work and thats with years of work (think 9 years). And even then the performance just isn't there even with the highest end CPU's bruteforcing it. A lot of games would also need patches to get good performance. So, its not worth it for Sony :P

Still a better user experience than the PS2 emulator, which obviously has been out longer.

Personally I have little experience with RPCS3, but the few games I've played on it have worked very well and that includes games that aren't considered "playable" on their site. And my CPU isn't exactly "the highest end".

Well yeah they can't throw out an emulator that only gives out fraction of playable games in a playable state. That's why they didn't release the PS2 (software) emulator on the PS3. But anyway useless to argue about it. Its there won't be PS3 BC on PS5, and most likely won't be not in the next either for the fact that its way to hard to get all games to work.

But yeah don't want to derail the thread any further lol

Last edited by hinch - on 12 October 2020