By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Got invited to the give the keynote speech at an autism conference

I got the invite a few days ago; I'm so incredibly flattered and excited, though also a bit nervous.

The purpose of the speech is to give advice for young people on the spectrum and also their families and teachers on how to find success in education and the workplace, and more importantly self-acceptance and happiness in life.

If anyone else here on the spectrum would like to weigh in on issues they think I should raise or mention, I'd love to hear your advice/input. :)

You can register by the 20th to watch the show (for free) herehttps://awetism.vfairs.com/

Last edited by curl-6 - on 18 November 2020

Around the Network

No input. Congrats. I'm sure you'll smash it.

Not on the spectrum, but have relatives who are... be yourself, share your own experiences and be positive!
Good luck and congrats!

I game.  You game.  We game.

I'm a videogamer, not a fanboy, but have a special place for Nintendo.

Current Systems Owned: NSwitch/PS4/XONE/WiiU/3DS/2DS/PCGaming Rig-i7/ASUS i7 Gaming Laptop.

Previous Game Consoles:  PS3/Xbox360/Wii/DSL/Pretty much every one thats been released since the Atari 2600.

That’s awesome, man! Congrats!

Awesome! I'm pretty sure I'm not on the spectrum (although I have my share of eccentricities) so no advice on that. Just wanted to say congratulations! Feel free and encouraged to post the video on the forums afterwards if you feel comfortable doing so.

Around the Network

That's awesome! You rock!

Curl man this is setting up so many oneliners, but good for you!

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

All men are slightly autistic, they have a strong interest in systems and have difficulty empathising.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Damn, that's awesome! As someone who works with autistic kids with overlapping diagnoses for a living, this makes me really happy. Best of luck to you, and keep on sharing your anecdotes and experiences on here, I always read them and enjoy them!

Congrats! I have two cousins on the spectrum and I know how life can be hard for them sometimes, althoigh they are sucessful people. If there is one thing I would say is how important it is to have a diagnosis. Once you understand you have a condition its easier to seek help if necessary and also makes you understand much better the world around you and how to live in it.