By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Do you think the Switch will sell more in 2021?

What range will the Switch sell in 2021?

26M + 20 43.48%

21-25M 19 41.30%

15-20M 7 15.22%

Not sure. 0 0%

Total:46

No way. This year is going insane but i do expect next year to be pretty great as well. I think it can manage to sell close to 28-29 millions this year and maybe more of a 23-24 millions next year. Which is still insanely good.

We have the first MH games coming, Zelda BOTW 2, probably some other major games like Bayo 3 and SMT V. If the sales slip a bit, they have a pro version releasing apparently which should make up for the sales reducing and of course the first price cut for the console. No way it slips under 20 millions tho. No way. Too much momentum rn it will keep it atleast for the first quarter of next year. And then they will start playing their cards and it will ride along nicely.

Around the Network

The Switch in 2020 alone is likely going to sell around the 30M range, maybe slightly less. While I do think 2020 is going to be the peak year for the Switch, the Switch is still going to sell extremely well in 2021 and successful consoles like the Wii and DS takes several years before we see a major drop in sales from its peak year. After the Wii's peak 25M year the next year it only dropped to 20M, and for the DS it dropped from 31M to 27M. The only time we usually see major drops in console is when their successor is right around the corner, which isn't gonna happen anytime soon for the Switch. So its unlikely in 2021 sales will drop anymore than 5M,especially with the possibility of a Switch Pro releasing and a stronger game lineup like BOTW 2. So tbh I forsee a total of 25M sold in 2021.

I think i predicted on era that it would sell 19 million or 23 million, something like that. 23 is looking really possible right now

Pyro as Bill said:
Barkley said:

No, this year is the peak. 2021 will sell significantly less.

The cliff?

How significant roughly?

Sales this year will be probably be around 26m-27m.

Sales next year will be roughly 22m or less.

I expect 26mil+ and I fully expect BotW 2. I expect this year to be 30mil+ if Ninty can make it and next to be between 25mil to 30mil

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Around the Network

It's going to be at least 26M next year.

I think this year will be the peak year, but I'm thinking Nintendo will end up shipping out a metric crapload of systems by the end of the year. If they don't ship enough then next year will be the peak. Next year will still be a very high year for sales regardless.

both 2020 and 2021 will be 30 million years.

Switch is getting boosted not only by the pandemic but also by PS4/XBO last gen year. No way they sell this much again with the new generation coming.

KingJames said:
Switch is getting boosted not only by the pandemic but also by PS4/XBO last gen year. No way they sell this much again with the new generation coming.

I don't think PS5 and Xbox Series will have any significant impact on Switch sales, just like sales of motorbikes don't really affect sales of cars.

They're different products that people buy for different reasons, the data shows Switch tends to overlap rather than compete directly with PS/Xbox.