By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Great graphics, shame about the gameplay

Sometimes, beauty is only skin deep, and that goes for video games too.

What games bedazzled you with their excellent graphics, but tortured you with their crappy gameplay?

Last edited by curl-6 - on 25 September 2020

Around the Network

Ryse Son of Rome

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

How I feel playing a Naughty Dog game. I just feel every game I tried of theirs had mediocre gameplay but on a technical leval at times looked a generation ahead. Then again how I feel playing most AAA games, good visuals, average to poor mechanics.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Final Fantasy 12/13. Resident Evil 5, Devil May Cry 4.

JWeinCom said:

I have to fight you on FF12/DMC4. :P

Last edited by Leynos - on 26 September 2020

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Crysis. Surely, I can't be the only one. Gameplay is rather bland. And the suit makes you overpowered. Even on the hardest difficulty, it's a cake walk. Invisible mode plus silencer is all you need.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Leynos said:
JWeinCom said:

I have to fight you on FF12/DMC4. :P

DMC4 wasn't terrible. But, it just didn't feel like any real jump over DMC3, which is one of my favorites. I also found the story completely non-engaging, and playing through the game twice was meh. I had some of the same complaints about DMCV too.

I tried FFXII twice and both times got like 20-30 hours in before losing interest. Just too long and repetitive to go anywhere. I think the sand sea or whatever is what broke me both times. I believe they made some adjustments for Zodiac age, so I may give the game a third try when it comes to gamepass. 

Flight Sim

There isn't much to do other than to watch the beauty and fly from one place to another. It's call Flight Sim for a reason but they could have added a lot more scenarios to have some interesting gameplay... Hell there isn't even any music. At least give me some Zen music instead of just hearing the engines scream.

Still, it can have some moments of true visual orgasm.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

The Last of Us (just plain boring gameplay and super dumb AI), Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (shame because I really love Human Revolution but MD feels rough around the edges) and Resident Evil 6 (shame because it has a lot of potential and some great ideas).

Breath of the Wild.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.