By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
hunter_alien said:
yvanjean said:

Even more reason Microsoft had to acquire Bethesda, I hope Microsoft at the very least slap a time exclusive on all future Zenimax games.  

So MS went even further so that is good for the market because? My god, the double standard and hypocrisy that you talk about is so high, that it's getting radioactive :))))

Maybe Sony forced their hand? They’d already snatched Deathloop and Ghostwire to exclusive deals and were about to get Starfield as well.

Buying studios to add to your company is way less scummy than paying for exclusive content in a game or buying timed exclusive access to a game, not that the second one is particularly scummy at all. 

Around the Network
Immersiveunreality said:
goopy20 said:

I know. Its interesting to see if $299 would persuade folks to buy a console, who would not have bought one if its $499 or $399. We'll see how that goes

Cheap game pass console, and it just got a lot more attractive.

True, I might get a SS as a secondary console myself just for GP. The big question is really if GP is enough reason for the average ps5 owner to buy a secondary console for? In the end that'll all come down to the games. If Series X/S now launches with Elderscroll 6, Doom 3, Starfield and a new Fallout, I will be running to the store to pick one up!

Its just that we have no idea when those games are coming out, how good they'll be and what kind of gap there will be between big releases like that. Another thing with time consuming games like Skyrim is that GP isn't always the cheapest way to play them. For example, I love Monster Hunter World and spend 3 months playing that one single game. That would have cost me $45 on GP while I could just buy the game and not have to worry about it being pulled from GP.  

I think Microsoft is going to keep the popular games of Bethesda (Elder scrolls,Fallout,etc) Multiplat and day 1 in Gamepass.
Xbox series S is the is the type of product that can be very attractive in holydays. Is a cheap option to play next generation games, use Gamepass and can be an interesting second console for Swicht users

Sorry for my bad english.

the more I think about this the less I like it. I maintain my prior stance, but in addition I also hate that Microsoft owns The Elder Scrolls now. I just don't want an Xbox, not after the last 10+ years on that console ecosystem was a barren wasteland.

**Edit** Just to be clear, this is good for Microsoft. We've established this. The part that bugs me is that since Microsoft has so little that interests me (or evidently a huge portion of the gaming public), having this one set of games that DO look good...hurts even more. To me, this would be like if Final Fantasy or Dark Souls ended up going Xbox Exclusive. Like, I just don't want to have to buy a new console for one game series, even if it is one of the best game franchises of all time. as of right now, Elder Scrolls is literally the only must-have title on Xbox (Assuming they go exclusive). Doom and Wolfenstein are good, but I'm not too into FPS games and they already have Halo and Gears of War (Holy shit, Microsoft really does only have shooter games and Forza). I thought the recent doom was good and Wolfenstein was also quite good, but still not console sellers for me. 

I guess PC it is. I'd rather not have to buy a new computer for it, but eeeeeeh. Here's hoping at least Elder Scrolls VI comes out on PS5, will give me time to get a new PC before Elder Scrolls VII comes out. 

Last edited by Runa216 - on 23 September 2020

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

goopy20 said:

I know bud. Just like Sony releasing some games on PC, I'm guessing it will be on a game by game basis. Nintendo Switch has the perfect audience for Ori, so it makes business sense to release it on there too. On ps4, not so much.  

There will probably be some Bethesda games that MS would want to keep exclusive to GP, like smaller scale titles they can release quickly on GP. But business wise they would be shooting themselves in the foot with a rocket launcher by not releasing big games like Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Starfield and Doom on ps5, and maybe even ps4. PC will be a major focus and I'm guessing they will grow GP numbers a lot on there. But where MS is hoping to make the big GP bucks is obviously through Xcloud on phones, TVs and tapping into that 3 billion audience.    

But would they, though? Have both Sony and Microsoft been shooting themselves in the foot with exclusive 1st party games all these years? The way I see it, releasing those games on playstation day one they wouldn't be fully utilizing their huge investment. Those games are strong enough to move hardware, expanding their userbase and marketshare for future profits in GP subs and 3rd party sales. They have also invested money on hardware business, so it's not like all their eggs are at xCloud basket. At the very least, from business perspective to ensure continuous growth of their platform, those games should be timed-exclusive. Rushing to break their investment even is short-sighted. 

goopy20 said:

Its just that we have no idea when those games are coming out, how good they'll be and what kind of gap there will be between big releases like that. Another thing with time consuming games like Skyrim is that GP isn't always the cheapest way to play them. For example, I love Monster Hunter World and spend 3 months playing that one single game. That would have cost me $45 on GP while I could just buy the game and not have to worry about it being pulled from GP. 

Well duh, obviously a service like this isn't necessarily for those who buy one game and focus on it for months. I like to play Gears regularly until the next one releases so I could buy it for 69e instead of 2-3 years of game pass. But then I also had to buy Metro: Exodus, Shadow of War, Forza Horizon 4, Wasteland 3, State of Decay 2, OatWotW, Bleeding Edge, The Outer Worlds etc etc etc you catch my drift. But at least you proved the point it's still in Microsoft interest to have a platform for consumers who want to buy a game every now and then.

edit. Sorry I didn't notice goopy20 was banned from this thread.

Around the Network
Runa216 said:

the more I think about this the less I like it. I maintain my prior stance, but in addition I also hate that Microsoft owns The Elder Scrolls now. I just don't want an Xbox, not after the last 10+ years on that console ecosystem was a barren wasteland.

**Edit** Just to be clear, this is good for Microsoft. We've established this. The part that bugs me is that since Microsoft has so little that interests me (or evidently a huge portion of the gaming public), having this one set of games that DO look good...hurts even more. To me, this would be like if Final Fantasy or Dark Souls ended up going Xbox Exclusive. Like, I just don't want to have to buy a new console for one game series, even if it is one of the best game franchises of all time. as of right now, Elder Scrolls is literally the only must-have title on Xbox (Assuming they go exclusive). Doom and Wolfenstein are good, but I'm not too into FPS games and they already have Halo and Gears of War (Holy shit, Microsoft really does only have shooter games and Forza). I thought the recent doom was good and Wolfenstein was also quite good, but still not console sellers for me. 

I guess PC it is. I'd rather not have to buy a new computer for it, but eeeeeeh. Here's hoping at least Elder Scrolls VI comes out on PS5, will give me time to get a new PC before Elder Scrolls VII comes out. 

I do not agree with you, my friend.

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Jannlee48504 said:
HollyGamer said:

Timed exclusivity = /= full time exclusivity. In fact if Sony wasn't the one who made the deal,  Microsoft will. Time exclusivity was introduce by Xbox in Xbox 360 era. 

" My opinion ",  Microsoft will not gain anything by buying publisher only for exclusivity . They target is gamepass , so i bet the games that has been multiplat franchise will still be exist on PS5 for normal next gen price (70 USD)  but will be free on gamepass. That alone will attract people to buy gampass on PC, Xbox or Xcloud.

Timed exclusive started with ps2 when sony did that with the gta series 

did they?  Can you give the source material for that statement. 

Yo, I just realized something. What if with Microsoft owning Three big wrpg developers, Sony will be forced to buy CD Project Red? Waaaa, I don’t want to be concious right now not gonna lie :(((

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Stellar_Fungk said:

Yo, I just realized something. What if with Microsoft owning Three big wrpg developers, Sony will be forced to buy CD Project Red? Waaaa, I don’t want to be concious right now not gonna lie :(((

You really seem to take this to heart, are you feeling you might not be able to play the franchises you like ?

Immersiveunreality said:
Stellar_Fungk said:

You really seem to take this to heart, are you feeling you might not be able to play the franchises you like ?

I’m afraid that either Sony or Microsoft will buy Sega and/or Square Enix. I loved to play Dragon Quest XIS and Valkyria Chronicles 1 and 4 on my Switch. Some of my fav games. I’ll be sad if/when that happens. :(

I am a Nintendo fanatic.