By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
goopy20 said:

I'm not here to piss people off and I know that if I say MS just went 3rd party, some might feel like I just offended their kid sister. But that's only because they are emotionally invested in the Xbox brand and are still thinking this is a console war. If you're team Xbox then of course you want to see the Bethesda games exclusive on Xbox and laugh at the Sony ponies. But like I said, MS doesn't care about our console war. They've literally told us they're not trying to compete with Sony and Nintendo and that they don't care how many Xboxes they'll sell. All they want is to get everyone and their grandma to play on GP on whatever device you own. 

Xbox fans are fine with GP coming to the Switch but hate the idea of GP potentially coming to ps5. Its an emotional thing. But would it even matter, when it comes pre-installed on our TVs, Blu-Ray players, phones or any other streaming device anyway?   

More and more nonsense assumptions.. The reason why your posts are frustrating to read isn't because of emotional investment or console wars and I think many have already told you why.

It would matter if GP was on Playstation, because Microsoft still wants to have their own platform to sell 3rd party games, hardware accessories and stuff. That's one difference between GP and Netflix. Of course they want to expand their console marketshare and gaming revenue as well as GP subs. And both of them go hand in hand. Console sales and wars just aren't the priority for them.

Around the Network
KiigelHeart said:
goopy20 said:

I'm not here to piss people off and I know that if I say MS just went 3rd party, some might feel like I just offended their kid sister. But that's only because they are emotionally invested in the Xbox brand and are still thinking this is a console war. If you're team Xbox then of course you want to see the Bethesda games exclusive on Xbox and laugh at the Sony ponies. But like I said, MS doesn't care about our console war. They've literally told us they're not trying to compete with Sony and Nintendo and that they don't care how many Xboxes they'll sell. All they want is to get everyone and their grandma to play on GP on whatever device you own. 

Xbox fans are fine with GP coming to the Switch but hate the idea of GP potentially coming to ps5. Its an emotional thing. But would it even matter, when it comes pre-installed on our TVs, Blu-Ray players, phones or any other streaming device anyway?   

More and more nonsense assumptions.. The reason why your posts are frustrating to read isn't because of emotional investment or console wars and I think many have already told you why.

It would matter if GP was on Playstation, because Microsoft still wants to have their own platform to sell 3rd party games, hardware accessories and stuff. That's one difference between GP and Netflix. Of course they want to expand their console marketshare and gaming revenue as well as GP subs. And both of them go hand in hand. Console sales and wars just aren't the priority for them.

It is all emotions and I am not making assumptions at all. I'm literally quoting MS execs here lol. Of course MS still wants to sell consoles, but they are playing a completely different game than Sony and Nintendo. 

Like Phil said; “If [selling more consoles than Sony and Nintendo] was our approach, we wouldn’t put our games on PC,”. “We wouldn’t put our games on Xbox One, we wouldn’t do xCloud and allow people to play games on their phones.”

“‘How many consoles do I sell versus how many consoles does another company sell,’” he added. “Sony or Nintendo or other companies back in the day, that’s not our approach.”

https://www.vg247.com/2020/08/16/phil-spencer-microsoft-xbox-series-x/

MS is done playing console wars, so why would they spend 7.5B to keep Bethesda exclusive to boost Xbox sales? Why didn't they do that with Minecraft or Ori? They didn't because they are looking to catch a much bigger fish, the 3 billion gamers who never owned a console before.

not selling out on Series S and then concluding the mass market has no interest is a pretty big assumption >.>

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

goopy20 said:

It is all emotions and I am not making assumptions at all. I'm literally quoting MS execs here lol. Of course MS still wants to sell consoles, but they are playing a completely different game than Sony and Nintendo. 

Like Phil said; “If [selling more consoles than Sony and Nintendo] was our approach, we wouldn’t put our games on PC,”. “We wouldn’t put our games on Xbox One, we wouldn’t do xCloud and allow people to play games on their phones.”

“‘How many consoles do I sell versus how many consoles does another company sell,’” he added. “Sony or Nintendo or other companies back in the day, that’s not our approach.”

MS is done playing console wars, so why would they spend 7.5B to keep Bethesda exclusive to boost Xbox sales? Why didn't they do that with Minecraft or Ori? They didn't because they are looking to catch a much bigger fish, the 3 billion gamers who never owned a console before.

I think I answered your questions on my earlier posts, no? See, this is why your posting is so frustrating. Nothing to do with emotions.

Just because their aim is not to sell more consoles than other companies, it doesn't mean their goal is not to expand their business and marketshare, by also selling consoles. And again, Minecraft as a brand is totally different than most other IPs. Ori isn't on Playstation btw.

kirby007 said:
not selling out on Series S and then concluding the mass market has no interest is a pretty big assumption >.>

I know. Its interesting to see if $299 would persuade folks to buy a console, who would not have bought one if its $499 or $399. We'll see how that goes

Around the Network
goopy20 said:
kirby007 said:

I know. Its interesting to see if $299 would persuade folks to buy a console, who would not have bought one if its $499 or $399. We'll see how that goes

It's also to persuade folks who are on their way to buy a 399-499$ console with a cheaper option. And offer a cheap entry to Xbox library for those who already bought another console.

Last edited by KiigelHeart - on 23 September 2020

goopy20 said:
kirby007 said:

Cheap game pass console, and it just got a lot more attractive.

KiigelHeart said:
goopy20 said:

I think I answered your questions on my earlier posts, no? See, this is why your posting is so frustrating. Nothing to do with emotions.

Just because their aim is not to sell more consoles than other companies, it doesn't mean their goal is not to expand their business and marketshare, by also selling consoles. And again, Minecraft as a brand is totally different than most other IPs. Ori isn't on Playstation btw.

I know bud. Just like Sony releasing some games on PC, I'm guessing it will be on a game by game basis. Nintendo Switch has the perfect audience for Ori, so it makes business sense to release it on there too. On ps4, not so much.  

There will probably be some Bethesda games that MS would want to keep exclusive to GP, like smaller scale titles they can release quickly on GP. But business wise they would be shooting themselves in the foot with a rocket launcher by not releasing big games like Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Starfield and Doom on ps5, and maybe even ps4. PC will be a major focus and I'm guessing they will grow GP numbers a lot on there. But where MS is hoping to make the big GP bucks is obviously through Xcloud on phones, TVs and tapping into that 3 billion audience.    

It has nothing to do with emotions, goopalicious. I know it might seem that way as you get quoted again and again but that’s the price you pay when you post so many bad takes based on pure ignorance.

HollyGamer said:
goopy20 said:

Of course they didn't. Just look at Mojang. MS spend billions on it and did it make any difference? Minecraft and MC Dungeons still went multiplat and it didn't do anything for Xone sales. MS doesn't care about our console wars, they want to make money. And they're not doing that by excluding the far biggest console platform. 

7.5B man, I wonder how many GP subscribers it takes to break even on an investment like that? Just to put things in perspective. Sony just had the 2nd best selling console in gaming history, outselling Xbox almost 3/1. Now in 2018 the ps5 made 17B in total revenue but "only" 1,7B in net revenue. Even with the success of the ps4, it would have taken almost an entire console generation for Sony to break even if they bought Zenimax... Its pretty obvious MS didn't make an investment like that just to lock it behind Series X

yup 7.5 billion only for consoles exclusivity is just pure fantasy and fanboy dream. 

Of course they won't be console exclusive.  Anything that has gamepass or XCloud will also have it.  ;)

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261