By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Thoughts so far on Mario 3D All Stars:

Bristow9091 said:
Got it today, my girlfriend is currently playing Sunshine and it's upscaled really nice... Apparently you can't backwards long jump on SM64 anymore though so I can't do an 8 minute speedrun anymore, feelsbadman. Oh well, it's the best 3D Mario game (Fight me!) so I'll enjoy playing it properly again :)

I was never a fan of those speed runs in the first place. 120 stars or 70 stars runs are so entertaining to watch compared to ones that use that glitch.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
drbunnig said:
d21lewis said:
Any word on the camera? Back in the day, the camera for SM Sunshine would go insane for certain levels. Either way, can't wait to try these games myself!

Can't say I ever had any major issues with the camera for Sunshine (at least from what I can recall), and I played through it earlier this year. What levels did you have problems with? It seems the camera controls are no longer inverted though, and there's no option to change it back, which is a massive ballache.

There was one stage where you had to get 8 red coins. Pretty simple stage but the coins were all on a wall all the slightest tap of the control stick would send the camera spinning 180 degrees. Is wasn't common throughout the game but when it did happen, the game was almost unplayable.

https://youtu.be/D7SRi06qoHU

Go to about minute 8 of this video for an example (the guys playing kinda suck but it illustrates my point).

Last edited by d21lewis - on 18 September 2020

I have never played these games. Should I buy the collection? I thought Odyssey was great.

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Stellar_Fungk said:

I have never played these games. Should I buy the collection? I thought Odyssey was great.

The games are amazing and very important in the history of video game evolution.  Mario 64 set the rules for all 3D games, which are still followed today.  Sunshine is a great game with a few frustrating parts that gets way too much hate, ad Galaxy is damn near perfect. Having not played any of these, I think they are great history into gaming, to kind of show you how they started in 3D and evolved over the years.  They are absolutely worth it, as long as you know they do have their flaws especially Mario 64 given its age and being the first true 3D game of its kind.

Peh said:
My experience with the game so far: I bought the physical edition at Media Markt and drove it home. I put it on the table and it's still there where I left it.

Huh. Pretty similar to my own experience. Except that someone drove it to me instead.

Around the Network

Amazon delivered my copy today. I read the box. Maybe I will get around to playing Super Mario Sunshine in 2022.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Mario 3D All Stars is like a restaurant that has delicious food. And they know their food is so good that they don't bother making the restaurant look nice, the cashiers have an attitude, and they just slap it on a paper plate. And you resent them for it, but you still begrudgingly have to buy it because it's delicious.

JWeinCom said:

Mario 3D All Stars is like a restaurant that has delicious food. And they know their food is so good that they don't bother making the restaurant look nice, the cashiers have an attitude, and they just slap it on a paper plate. And you resent them for it, but you still begrudgingly have to buy it because it's delicious.

Hahahah! This!

JWeinCom said:

Lol, sounds like some of the barbeque restaurants in Kansas City.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Galaxy is just a mood, still brilliant as 2007