By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware September 5 to 12

Nintendo Switch is ballin' straight up with 5 grand Hennesy!

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
trunkswd said:

Share the article here.

Switch vs PS4 vs Xbox One Sales Comparison Charts Through September 12

Year to Date Sales Comparison (Same Periods Covered)

Switch is already at 15.6m.  It was just last week that they'd past the 15m mark.  If Nintendo ships enough, then they could actually hit 17m in two more weeks (and they have a decent chance at doing this).  That would put them at 17m for the year going into the holiday quarter.  

Most systems would be doing good to hit 17m by the end of the holiday quarter, but Switch might get there before the holiday quarter starts.

Ps4 is close to losing the 50% marketshare

3 weeks tops.

The domination continues for the Switch!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
    MasonADC said:

It should drop below that threshold before the PS5 comes out at this rate.

My goodness. Switch is crazy. I hope it lasts.

1doesnotsimply

FarleyMcFirefly said:

It should do; third party support is continually getting better, and Nintendo's first party have just one system to focus on now, so it shouldn't suffer a drop-off like the Wii did.

curl-6 said:
    MasonADC said:

It should drop below that threshold before the PS5 comes out at this rate.

Still remember the thread about PS4 would never ever lose its 50% market share? It is worth revisiting. Three years ago PS4 was invincible and Switch was just a new kid on the block connected with Nintendoom so majority who commented there firmly believed that there was no way the combine sales of XBOne and Switch (even adding the WiiU) could pull off 50% market share from Sony. 

curl-6 said:
    FarleyMcFirefly said:

It should do; third party support is continually getting better, and Nintendo's first party have just one system to focus on now, so it shouldn't suffer a drop-off like the Wii did.

Yeah from a software support standpoint I have no doubt. I guess I just thought once we feel the economic impacts that covid sales will drop quite a bit... Who knows.

1doesnotsimply