By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware September 5 to 12

Ps4 is close to losing the 50% marketshare

Around the Network

3 weeks tops.

Hardware Comparison Threads:

PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch: 2019 vs. 2020
(https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/241660/ps4xbons-2019-vs-2020/1/)

The domination continues for the Switch!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

MasonADC said:

It should drop below that threshold before the PS5 comes out at this rate.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

My goodness. Switch is crazy. I hope it lasts.

1doesnotsimply

Around the Network
FarleyMcFirefly said:

It should do; third party support is continually getting better, and Nintendo's first party have just one system to focus on now, so it shouldn't suffer a drop-off like the Wii did.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:
MasonADC said:

It should drop below that threshold before the PS5 comes out at this rate.

Still remember the thread about PS4 would never ever lose its 50% market share? It is worth revisiting. Three years ago PS4 was invincible and Switch was just a new kid on the block connected with Nintendoom so majority who commented there firmly believed that there was no way the combine sales of XBOne and Switch (even adding the WiiU) could pull off 50% market share from Sony. 

curl-6 said:
FarleyMcFirefly said:

It should do; third party support is continually getting better, and Nintendo's first party have just one system to focus on now, so it shouldn't suffer a drop-off like the Wii did.

Yeah from a software support standpoint I have no doubt. I guess I just thought once we feel the economic impacts that covid sales will drop quite a bit... Who knows.

1doesnotsimply

FarleyMcFirefly said:
curl-6 said:

Yeah from a software support standpoint I have no doubt. I guess I just thought once we feel the economic impacts that covid sales will drop quite a bit... Who knows.

The gaming industry seems remarkably resilient to economic downturns; last gen continued to have healthy sales throughout the global financial crisis a decade ago.

Nintendo 64 MILLION

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.