By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware September 5 to 12

Next week is gonna explode. It's gonna be insane numbers

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Around the Network

The only other systems that were capable of weekly sales of this magnitude were the Wii and DS.

Nintendo is literally just competing with themselves! 

PAOerfulone said:
The only other systems that were capable of weekly sales of this magnitude were the Wii and DS.

Nintendo is literally just competing with themselves!

Nintendo is a force to be reckoned with when they remember who they are and not release shit consoles. 

The scary part is, with presumably more supply, presumably new revisions, and games like Monster Hunter Rise and possibly BOTW2, could 2021 actually be even higher for Switch?

curl-6 said:
The scary part is, with presumably more supply, presumably new revisions, and games like Monster Hunter Rise and possibly BOTW2, could 2021 actually be even higher for Switch?

If it is. We'll need to start having serious discussions about the Switch becoming the best selling video game system of all time.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

One part of that question is how high 2020 will end up being. The lower it is, the easier it will be to beat, obviously.

But in any case, it's assured that Switch sales will remain strong because the software pipeline is healthy. If 2021 finishes at "only" 22-25m, that will be good enough. 2020 had COVID lockdowns which is something outside of Nintendo's control that boosted Switch sales. That's what really makes it challenging for 2021 to top 2020, because it's very probable that in 2021 Switch will have to sell entirely on its merits.

True, but on the other hand they'll be more prepared for demand so folks who missed out on getting a Switch in 2020 but wanted one could get one in 2021. Those who settled for a Lite cos it was all they could find might also upgrade to a base or the rumored Pro model in 2021.

That said, yeah, 22-25 million would still be a fantastic result for a system in its 5th calendar year.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 17 September 2020

NSW vs. NDS 07-09 & Wii 08-09 through 37 Weeks (VGC Data)

Obviously, adjustments for Jul-Sep could still be coming once we get Eur/ROTW data from Nintendo on 11/5/20.

As a reminder, at the investors meeting this week nintendo maintained their 19 million hardware guidance numbers for the fiscal year.

Dyotropic said:
As a reminder, at the investors meeting this week nintendo maintained their 19 million hardware guidance numbers for the fiscal year.

for japan alone?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Dyotropic said:

That will be surpassed by the 2nd week of November, maybe even sooner!

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!