By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - BOLD PREDICTION: PS5 and PS5D to be $399 and $349 respectively

Sweet spot would be $449.99 and $399.99 to make it very interesting and pretty good price wise imo

Around the Network

Big no to $399 PS5 with disc. 

- There's not much of a strategic case for Sony to undercut the $499 Series X with the disc model. Especially since $399 would involve a subsidy of over $100 dollars. The price sensitive consumers will go for the discless version. PS5 disc version will be $500.

$399 for the digital would be quite bold in its own right. $349 would be impossible. 

- I think you've underestimated the cost of the next-gen APU and also the DDR6 modules. Bear in mind that aside from a $30 UDH drive, the lions share of the difference between the $500 Series X and the $300 Series S comes from fewer compute units in the GPU and 6GB less RAM, assuming the loss-leader subsidy is the same. I assume therefore PS5D will be at least $400. 

Obviously I hope you're right but it's not realistic to predict it. Even at $400 for the digital it would still be a $100 delta while targeting 4k and similar performance to the Series X. That sounds competitive to me, no need to go bankrupt at $350

Damn, imagine if Sony was ok losing 100-200 per console sold. Would be crazy. I'm expecting 499 for the disc version and 450 maybe 399 for the digital version.

£329 & £429 here in the UK

No.

Around the Network

$400 and $500 is the most realistic outcome. Maybe Sony gets real bold and pulls a $350 and a $450

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I see $499 and $399

Or $449 and $399

$50 difference isn't much incentive for people to buy the digital which is what Sony want you to do. So $499 $399 is more beneficial to Sony.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Good luck finding it this year at $399, will be sold out everywhere. With their big fan base they have no reason to sell it at $399, I just hope it's not more than $499.

I know $499 and $399 is the most logical and maybe even hopeful expectation. (i have even said as much before)

But this wouldn't be a bold prediction if it didn't buck expectations, would it? Just 4 days to find out if I am crazy or a genius...or both.

I think this pricing is going to be sony's ace up their sleeve. Their one last thing mic drop moment. It's also a thing of course that since the PS4 they have not priced anything above $399.

ArchangelMadzz said:
I see $499 and $399

Or $449 and $399

$50 difference isn't much incentive for people to buy the digital which is what Sony want you to do. So $499 $399 is more beneficial to Sony.

$100 differences to $399 vs $499 what a $50 difference is to $349 and $399. Besides, all they really have to do is just ship out more of the digital SKUs, with how much demand there will be all-round, there will be a lot of people that would just buy what they can get there hands on,especially if they were willing to go either way to begin with.

Blood_Tears said:
Although I would love this price, I don't think they will go that low.

Also, the only difference is the UHD drive, how much does that actually cost by itself?

Under $40. Most ikey around $35.