By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 Showcase - Wednesday Sept 16

Well that exceeded my expectations. That was nearly as nice as the reveal showcase. Some nice surprises and great looking footage. Can't wait for launch.

Around the Network

So prices as expected, and nothing really new.... except for GoW, which is clearly big for 2021. Other than that, only REVIII is A must have for me.
The spidey game looks cool, but not worth to get the ps5 at launch for just that game (is it coming to ps4?)

Well as expected, wont be getting the ps5 soon, much like i got the ps4. Wait for a revision and a good deal, maybe 3-4 years down the road. I just hate missing out GoW for so long.

Final Fantasy XVI, Gameplay of Demons Souls, Teaser God of War Ragnarok...

MasonADC said:
JRPGfan said:

Depends on what the xbox series X comes out at.
If the Series X is 599$, that ll make that PS5 digital seem like a steal at 399$.

Series X was priced last week at $500 

Oh nvm then.

Bandorr said:
Why is the difference a $100? Why does removing a disc drive lower the cost a $100?
Are those new and expensive or something?

Because digital sales make much more money for Sony. Not only is there no retailer who wants a big part but you also have less people  who buy used or cheap new games sold for a few bucks some months after release.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
twintail said:

what a price. I figured the DE would be $100 less but at $399 it is such a steal!

Depends on what the xbox series X comes out at.
If the Series X is 599$, that ll make that PS5 digital seem like a steal at 399$.

Also PS5 DE only $100 / £100 more than a Series S for a much superior spec console and with killer exclusives.

OT

FFXVI stole the show for me and also GOW: Ragnarok announcement for next year. Demon's Souls Gameplay was good too and Spiderman: Miles Morales. Excited, looks like a tonne of stuff to play over this year and the next.

JRPGfan said:
Bandorr said:
Why is the difference a $100? Why does removing a disc drive lower the cost a $100?
Are those new and expensive or something?

The disc drive is like 20$.
So the 100$ differnce is actually more like 80$ and maybe a few $ less in plastic and shipping/packageing costs.
They basically sell it at a loss, but recoupe it from digital sales haveing higher returns than physical.

Yep.

People will be all over this (and the Series S, to a smaller extent) on holidays and from there onwards. I think physical media will take a large hit this generation, after all.

The Fury said:
DonFerrari said:
Now all games are recorded on PS5. No date was given for FF 16.

A lot of work seems done, good gameplay, story voices. Next Christmas maybe?

One can dream right? But I guess that if it was 2021 it would be said, so I guess 2022. But well that will move PS5s.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

The pricing was expected. Not much to comment about other than it will be interesting to see Series S VS Digital PS5.

Despite already having over half of the games shown... That PS Plus Collection is absolutely sick. Great move by Sony.

Final Fantasy XVI... I don't know what to think. The battle system looks... Pretty western. Which I heavily dislike. Need to see more. Glad to see the medieval setting back though...

The Harry Potter game looks great, although it's coming to current gen too. So I'll probably play it on my Pro.

Demon's Souls looks... Not as good as Demon's Souls. I mean, sure, it's technically leagues better. But... I don't know. There's something about the new graphics that seem off.

Everything else, I don't care. Decent showcase, with some nice surprises and lots of things we already saw before.

Final Fantasy XVI and Demon Souls Remake look really bad, the animations and camera of Demon Souls especially, where is the weight, what is that cinematic zoom in.

DMC 5 SE kinda hurts.

Not goodo for me.