By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 Showcase - Wednesday Sept 16

Imho, Playstation did a amazing job here... they are set to win next gen on my book.

Around the Network
twintail said:
DonFerrari said:
And I was right 399 discless and 499 with disc... you can congratulate me

November 12 and 19 launch

what a price. I figured the DE would be $100 less but at $399 it is such a steal!

Depends on what the xbox series X comes out at.
If the Series X is 599$, that ll make that PS5 digital seem like a steal at 399$.

Nautilus said:
John2290 said:
The message of the day is wait til 2021 to buy in.

Yeah, it seems like( and correct me if Im wrong) that all big first party and thrid party games are 2021 and beyond. Makes me wonder what 9th gen exclusive games the pS5(and XOne) are launching with.

I think the crisis has very much hurt the industry and delayed a lot. The lines ups are this years games with (free) graphical increases and whatever back catelogue works on them.

Hmm, pie.

Is it just me or did anyone get FF XV vibes with the FF XVI reveal, and in a bad way?

I dont know, the game being medieval fantasy already makes it miles better than FF XV, but that trailer was a mess, in terms of understanding what the hell is going on.

Plus why square loves teleporting characters so much?

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

JRPGfan said:
twintail said:

what a price. I figured the DE would be $100 less but at $399 it is such a steal!

Depends on what the xbox series X comes out at.
If the Series X is 599$, that ll make that PS5 digital seem like a steal at 399$.

Series X was priced last week at $500 

Around the Network

We are getting some really good games quickly.

New Harry potter game, new Batman game, god of war 2, Horizon zero dawn 2 and Spiderman: Miles Morales. That demon soul game also looked interesting.

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

Marth said:
Why does Europe get shafted and has to wait a week more?

You said GLOBAL LAUNCH Sony

Global-ish launch!

Signature goes here!

I have A LOT of thoughts about the show. Well, goodnight everybody.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

The Fury said:
Nautilus said:

Yeah, it seems like( and correct me if Im wrong) that all big first party and thrid party games are 2021 and beyond. Makes me wonder what 9th gen exclusive games the pS5(and XOne) are launching with.

I think the crisis has very much hurt the industry and delayed a lot. The lines ups are this years games with (free) graphical increases and whatever back catelogue works on them.

I dont think so... while I do agree that games like Ratchet and Clank might have been delayed a few months following its (internal) release date alongside the launch, most games seemed that had 2021 in mind from the beginning.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

I gotta say, That was a whole lot more than I was expecting.

Final Fantasy XVI being announced is great, and that it's a Console Exclusive also helps my choices. I also love that we're returning to high fantasy; I just hope the writing is as good as it was in the first ten entries and not as bad as it was 12-15. I love 12 and 15 (HAted 13, as many of you know), but the stories in those games was...not good. At all. Great characters and stuff, but the actual stories were colossal messes.

Miles Morales actually got gameplay, that was great.

Dad of Boy 2 looks absolutely phenomenal...by mere virtue of it being a sequel to one of the best games of all time.

Demon's Souls looks outstanding.

10/10 overall. A handful of new announcements, gameplay for games we already knew were coming, and the price/release date was exactly what everyone assumed.

PS5 is off to a freakin' great start.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android