By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Next Nintendo Compilation That Should Happen?

Which Nintendo compilation should happen next?

Zelda 23 44.23%

Metroid 10 19.23%

Donkey Kong 7 13.46%

F-Zero 0 0%

Pikmin 1 1.92%

Golden Sun 5 9.62%

Star Fox 1 1.92%

Animal Crossing 0 0%

Wario 0 0%

Other (Please be specific) 5 9.62%

Total:52

Personally..... Chibi Robo!

Most likely though:- Zelda collection Feb 2021 for its anniversary. Unless the rumoured MP trilogy is squeezed into this years' release schedule near the holidays.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network

The Starfox one would be a troll move. Starfox 1 and 2 are already available on SNES app. If you mean 64, Command, Assault, Adventures, and Zero, well then depending on which three they chose it could be either utterly terrible or okay, but nothing good or great no matter what the combo was.

I just want a modern day Starfox game that's a 15-30 hour campaign with free movement like Starlink. Ugh.

Zelda, and after the 3D Allstars announcement I think the rumours of a Skyward Sword remake will turn out to be 50% true and we'll see a Zelda Allstars collection including Wind Waker HD, Twilight Princess HD and a Skyward Sword remaster in one package.

Metroid.

Pikmin, maybe? 

And 2D Mario would be the biggest contender for me, although I doubt Nintendo will give us that.

Wouldn;t mind seeing Ken Griffey JR collection. Granted it is one game, but still better baseball game than any of the crap EA has made lol.

A Mother/Earthbound collection.

Bowser, give us Mother 3!

Around the Network

I'd like to see a double pack of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask 3D upscaled and reworked to play on a single screen released for Zelda's 35th. I'd like to see Wind Waker and Twilight Princess HD make their way over as well, but wouldn't expect Nintendo to put all 4 in the same collection given their shenanigans for three 3D Mario titles that haven't been remastered in any way being $60.

I'd also personally like to have an HD remaster or at the very least an upscaled port of Metroid Prime Trilogy adapted to the Switch's gyro controls and given standard controller support. I've recently tried to play Metroid Prime on the Wii trilogy release for the first time, but for some reason am not really enjoying the IR pointer motion controls very much.

Won't sell a ton but... Advance Wars.

Raven said:
I'd like to see a double pack of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask 3D upscaled and reworked to play on a single screen released for Zelda's 35th. I'd like to see Wind Waker and Twilight Princess HD make their way over as well, but wouldn't expect Nintendo to put all 4 in the same collection given their shenanigans for three 3D Mario titles that haven't been remastered in any way being $60.

I'd also personally like to have an HD remaster or at the very least an upscaled port of Metroid Prime Trilogy adapted to the Switch's gyro controls and given standard controller support. I've recently tried to play Metroid Prime on the Wii trilogy release for the first time, but for some reason am not really enjoying the IR pointer motion controls very much.

Hopefully this really happens, I'd REALLY love to play those games on the big screen with a decent framerate (I mean, I've played the 64 versions a lot but they run at like 15 fps...), though some of the changes made in MM 3D could be reverted

Another one that I'd love to see, but it's more like a pipe dream, is a Golden Sun collection (Nintendo probably forgot that this franchise exists or they pretend it doesn't)

Last edited by Link_Nines.XBC - on 12 September 2020

My vote would be for a fire emblem compilation. So many great games! Especially if they went through and brought some modern design and graphics to some of their older games!

I looked at the poll options and immediately thought "all of the above!"

The more collections of old-school games the better, for me.

Since 2021 will mark the 35th anniversaries of Zelda and Metroid, those properties probably deserve some special recognition.

I'd love the following:

A 3D Zelda "All-Stars" collection with the WiiU versions of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, plus a newly-remastered Skyward Sword. I'd also like Ocarina and Majora's Mask involved, but five games seems like a lot -- especially when Nintendo can't be arsed to include Super Mario Galaxy in its 3D Super Mario anthology. Maybe Nintendo can tweak the 3D versions of Ocarina and MM to function on a single screen and release them as a dual pack? Or maybe the company will kickstart a N64 service on NSO and include the originals?

Fully remade versions of the Metroid Prime trilogy, in the same art style and according to the same technology as MP4. This would be a perfect aperitif for the new installment.