By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Next Nintendo Compilation That Should Happen?

Which Nintendo compilation should happen next?

Zelda 23 44.23%

Metroid 10 19.23%

Donkey Kong 7 13.46%

F-Zero 0 0%

Pikmin 1 1.92%

Golden Sun 5 9.62%

Star Fox 1 1.92%

Animal Crossing 0 0%

Wario 0 0%

Other (Please be specific) 5 9.62%

Total:52
Cobretti2 said:
Wouldn;t mind seeing Ken Griffey JR collection. Granted it is one game, but still better baseball game than any of the crap EA has made lol.

This is a very different suggestion, and I love it!

MLB Featuring Ken Griffey Jr. was one of my favorite N64 games. I sank hours into that one :)

Around the Network
mZuzek said:

I'd be down for a real 3D Zelda collection, with remasters of the 3DS remakes, ports of the Wii U remasters, and a new remaster of Skyward Sword with a few tweaks and enhancements over the base game. Something like that, honestly I'd pay a lot of money for, never mind just the $60 standard. But of course, this wouldn't happen. If these games do come to the Switch, it's either gonna be in hand-picked limited collections, or just outright releasing them all individually for outrageous prices. And they'll use the N64 versions of the N64 originals, rather than going with the visually enhanced 3DS remakes (not getting into the controversial bosses of MM3D here).

What can happen that would be awesome is Metroid Prime Trilogy HD. Personally I'd want a bigger touch-up than just a bump in resolution, but at this point I'll take it. Just hoping it does happen, because the longer we go without it, the less I believe.

I would pay an obscene amount of money to get all five 3d Zelda games in the same place  

I'm in the camp of those saying the N64 Zelda (3DS versions) double-pack. And of those saying more Zelda than that as well of course, but got to stay a least bit reasonable I guess.

CaptainExplosion said:
peachbuggy said:
Personally..... Chibi Robo!

Most likely though:- Zelda collection Feb 2021 for its anniversary. Unless the rumoured MP trilogy is squeezed into this years' release schedule near the holidays.

Wishful thinking. Nintendo doesn't seem to care about Metroid as much as we do.

Dulfite said:
The Starfox one would be a troll move. Starfox 1 and 2 are already available on SNES app. If you mean 64, Command, Assault, Adventures, and Zero, well then depending on which three they chose it could be either utterly terrible or okay, but nothing good or great no matter what the combo was.

I just want a modern day Starfox game that's a 15-30 hour campaign with free movement like Starlink. Ugh.

Same. Wish Nintendo had convinced the Starlink dev team to leave Ubisoft for Nintendo.

Yeah throw Starlink dev team on a new Starfox game and have Nintendo keep a close eye over the development to make sure it is high quality and not redundant like every review I read of Starlink said. Basically what Starlink could have been but a Starfox game, and no freaking toys haha. I'd buy that Starfox in a heartbeat. Starfox is in need of a BotW style reinvention - ie change the standard gameplay formula. Of course so is Pokemon, Donkey Kong, 2D Mario. A lot of Nintendo's old series are still good but have done the status quo for long enough. I first realized Zelda needed a change when TP came out, took a decade for that change to come. Starfox has been dying for a long time though, so hopefully Nintendo will surprise us with a Starfox revolution and not just shove it to the side the way they did with Fzero.

I feel like Starfox is only a rails shooter because of the technical limitations of the SNES trying to do 3D, but Nintendo stuck with the formula. It's time for the series to evolve beyond that into a badass huge flight and space shooter.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Cobretti2 said:
Wouldn;t mind seeing Ken Griffey JR collection. Granted it is one game, but still better baseball game than any of the crap EA has made lol.

This is a very different suggestion, and I love it!

MLB Featuring Ken Griffey Jr. was one of my favorite N64 games. I sank hours into that one :)

Yer I think I played about 13 full seasons lol. 9 inning games too lol. Can't recall if you could shorten the game to less games and/or less innings.

The game was way ahead of it's time and a master piece for baseball fans.

Around the Network

Nintendo would make so much money for compilations. They could charge them full price and do multiple for several franchises.
I'd buy em up that's for sure.

I'd love a Donkey Kong Country compilation, with all 5 entries. They could do a smaller one with the handheld Land and Country versions. Do an obscure collection too with DKonga, Jungle Beat, Barrel Blast, 64, King of Swing, etc.

They could do a second Mario 3D collection with 3D Land, Galaxy 2, and 64 DS. A New Super Mario All-stars with all 5 games (Luigi U counting as its own).

Luigi's Mansion 1+2.

F-Zero: just throw em all in one, theres not too many any way lol.

Zelda 2D: A Link to the Past, A Link Between Worlds, Minish Cap, Link's Awakening (GB version), the first 2 games)
Zelda 3D: All 4 remastered games so far (OoT, MM,WW,TP), they could probably get away with selling Skyward Sword on its own.

I could go on. Just simple resolution bumps would suffice for me. I'd eat em all up in a heartbeat.

1doesnotsimply

CaptainExplosion said:
peachbuggy said:
Personally..... Chibi Robo!

Most likely though:- Zelda collection Feb 2021 for its anniversary. Unless the rumoured MP trilogy is squeezed into this years' release schedule near the holidays.

Wishful thinking. Nintendo doesn't seem to care about Metroid as much as we do.

You mean Metroid, or Chibi Robo?

Dulfite said:
The Starfox one would be a troll move. Starfox 1 and 2 are already available on SNES app. If you mean 64, Command, Assault, Adventures, and Zero, well then depending on which three they chose it could be either utterly terrible or okay, but nothing good or great no matter what the combo was.

I just want a modern day Starfox game that's a 15-30 hour campaign with free movement like Starlink. Ugh.

Same. Wish Nintendo had convinced the Starlink dev team to leave Ubisoft for Nintendo.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

2D Metroid Collection for Switch

Darwinianevolution said:
A Golden Sun dual pack would be easy enough to do.

Sir, I believe you mean a Golden Sun triple pack! Don't forget Dark Dawn on the DS.

Dulfite said:
Paper Mario Collection should be a no brainer, at least the first three. And they should do what they've done in some cases with other ports and add additional content (like Luigi's side quest in TTYD, I would die).

That's how you improve upon a masterpiece! Whenever I play TTYD, I always imagine New Game+ content where you actually go on Luigi's adventures that he blabs on about with his partners that absolutely loathe him, lol.Those stories are begging to be made for a TTYD remake/re-release.

Imagine it being in a sepia tone when playing from his POV in battle, but switching to a normal view whenever his partner's turn comes up. And most of his team attacks with the partner's would be him either fumbling or lucking his way through them and the partners having to frustratingly compensate for it.

Either way, TTYD is now the biggest game that needs to be rescued from a dead console, and those will always be my first picks for new remakes and compilations.

Next up: Fire Emblem: The Radiant Collection.