By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - EA getting slammed on social media for adding Colin Kaepernick to NFL 21 when he hasn't played since 2016

Rab said:
jason1637 said:
Lol he's never going to play at this point, why add him?

Because he is an American Hero that had his career taken away from him  

Hope that was sarcastic, as I wouldn’t throw out that term lightly. Wouldn’t equate kneeling at a sporting event to active duty soldiers for example. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

If only Chairman LBJ took a page from Colin Kaepernick's playbook and gets the fuck out of NBA, maybe things will be a little tolerable for the fans? I mean Colin' still seems to be swimming in sponsorship despite not playing. You just have to virtue signal hard. :)

sales2099 said:
As someone not fully invested in this story my take is:

He is not a good athlete but he kneeled during the anthem and now EA wants to score woke political points by idolizing him in the game.

I mean if you can’t be a star, do controversial things and make money off corporations piggybacking off the political spotlight I guess.

yea, that seems like something you would do - other people might have actual convictions though

Lafiel said:
sales2099 said:
As someone not fully invested in this story my take is:

He is not a good athlete but he kneeled during the anthem and now EA wants to score woke political points by idolizing him in the game.

I mean if you can’t be a star, do controversial things and make money off corporations piggybacking off the political spotlight I guess.

yea, that seems like something you would do - other people might have actual convictions though

You know I was describing him. If you have a bad record make money off corporate virtue signalling seems to be a better route then honest hard work. That’s what I believe in. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:

You know I was describing him. If you have a bad record make money off corporate virtue signalling seems to be a better route then honest hard work. That’s what I believe in. 

yes, I'm aware you were projecting

Around the Network
Lafiel said:
sales2099 said:

Ya I shouldn’t have reiterated that. But there you go. I don’t believe in making money off outrage culture. And I think that’s a fair stance to have. If he turned down all these sponsor deals then you can ride your high horse all day long about “convictions”. 

Gotta laugh at the people who actually believe he was blacklisted. He was let go because near the end he was declining as a QB. Not because he kneeled. Plenty of players kneeled, but didn't get let go. He was also offered a position as a backup QB on a few teams, but declined. He wants to be a star, not play football. He proved that with he childish behavior when the NFL gave him his own personal tryout. He's getting more spotlight, and probably money, from morons who believe he was a martyr.

sales2099 said:
Lafiel said:

I don’t believe in making money off outrage culture. And I think that’s a fair stance to have. If he turned down all these sponsor deals then you can ride your high horse all day long about “convictions”. 

Oh, you'd turn down the money? How virtuous of you to proclaim so, when you aren't in the position.

Jpcc86 said:
What a weird thing to be pissed about, its obviously and sadly politically motivated.
If they added Pele, Maradona - or any well known player not on that level - as free agents in Fifa people would be happy about it. They probably already do.

Not just politically motivated, but motivated by racism. Either they want to cater to racists or are racists themselves. This is part of the movement of those who don’t think black lives should matter, that US police should keep killing blacks at literally hundreds of times the rate of civilized nations.

Another point, putting notable athletes from the past into games isn’t exactly something new that sports games started doing recently.

Racists and racist enablers can go fuck themselves with a rusty pipe and no Vaseline.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
Jpcc86 said:
What a weird thing to be pissed about, its obviously and sadly politically motivated.
If they added Pele, Maradona - or any well known player not on that level - as free agents in Fifa people would be happy about it. They probably already do.

Not just politically motivated, but motivated by racism. Either they want to cater to racists or are racists themselves. This is part of the movement of those who don’t think black lives should matter, that US police should keep killing blacks at literally hundreds of times the rate of civilized nations.

Another point, putting notable athletes from the past into games isn’t exactly something new that sports games started doing recently.

Racists and racist enablers can go fuck themselves with a rusty pipe and no Vaseline.

Oh stop it. Just because some people dont think the US is a racist hellhole, doesnt make them racist. Stop with these silly buzzwords.