By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - EA getting slammed on social media for adding Colin Kaepernick to NFL 21 when he hasn't played since 2016

It's like, really strange to see how some casual gamer's, who are vivid Footballs fans, are actually spotting inaccurate stuff in their fave game, complaining about it, and then some of you GUYS are actually citing it as a "non issue" lol.

Am I living in some alternate reality now or something?, Whenever we complain about stuff in our games that is inaccurate or wrong, casual mobile gamers would just roll their eyes, but seeing some of you in here do that, when EA's known for this stupid shit is really making me second guess gaming communities as a whole.

Like, I just decided to even research the dude they are complaining about, and well, yeah, the dude hasn't played since 20 fucking 16, and the game is about the CURRENT SEASON, not 2016, so yeah that is inaccurate and bullshit. What's so hard about opening Wikipedia and doing like 1 min of research and simply going "yeah, EA done screwed this up"?, because they did, and I know these types of games are supposed to be based around the current season of football, not years in the past.

Last edited by Chazore - on 08 September 2020

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

Well, it's EA. There's no level that they won't stoop to.

gergroy said:
I love how madden has Kaepernicks rating going up after years of not playing... because that is how sports work right? Smh...

And he was always a terrible QB

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:
gergroy said:
I love how madden has Kaepernicks rating going up after years of not playing... because that is how sports work right? Smh...

You don't know what you're talking about.

He went to one Super Bowl and was one pass away from going to another.

He has the 6th best TD to INT ratio of all time.  Better than Manning or Brees.

You don't have to like him but you're wrong when you say he was always terrible.

FragileSurface said:
Leynos said:

You don't know what you're talking about.

He went to one Super Bowl and was one pass away from going to another.

He has the 6th best TD to INT ratio of all time.  Better than Manning or Brees.

You don't have to like him but you're wrong when you say he was always terrible.

And one of the most sacked QBs when he played as he held on too long. His SB year in 13 starts could only get a measly 1800 yards and 10TDs. Ryan Tannehill last year in 10 starts threw 22TDs and 2700 yards on a run-first team. A completion percentage below 60%. Passer rating is ok at 87 but not great. Only threw over 20TDs...once. That one time he only had a 58% completion percentage. This is back up QB stuff, not a starter. He was sacked 170 times and over 1000 yards. His final 2 years he only averaged 6 yards per throw. That's sad. He was athletic so he had flashes like many of these running QBs. They can make plays but can't be an overall good QB. Wilsons are the exception. Kap. Mariota and the like are the rule.

Trying to say he is better than Manning or Brees is funny. Manning played for over a decade. Brees is in his 17th year. They have 3SBs between them. He had so few ints because he had so few TDs. If he threw for 25TDs on average and 6-7ints over 15 years then we can talk.

Last edited by Leynos - on 09 September 2020

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Jpcc86 said:
What a weird thing to be pissed about, its obviously and sadly politically motivated.
If they added Pele, Maradona - or any well known player not on that level - as free agents in Fifa people would be happy about it. They probably already do.

Thing is Pele is a legend, regarded as one of the best players of all-time, that is why people would be happy to see him in FIFA. Colin isn't even close to that level of skill, he was a mediocre quarterback at best even when he was playing, and they have him rated higher than half the quarterbacks in the league who are actually playing this season. That is why people feel like this is a pandering move by EA.

If he's mediocre and better than half of the quarterbacks wouldn't that be exactly right?

mediocre
/ˌmiːdɪˈəʊkə/
adjective
adjective: mediocre
  1. of only average quality

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

jason1637 said:
Lol he's never going to play at this point, why add him?

Because he is an American Hero that had his career taken away from him  

He's an optional player so who the hell cares? He's not getting shoved into your face. Fact is, he could be playing in the NFL right now, so it's not unrealistic.
And please don't start talking about these made up player ratings. There's always going to be someone unhappy about it.

Last edited by Barozi - on 09 September 2020

Barozi said:

He's an optional player so who the hell cares? He's not getting shoved into your face. Fact is, he could be playing in the NFL right now, so it's not unrealistic.
And please don't start talking about these made up player ratings. There's always going to be someone unhappy about it.

Except he's not playing in the NFL right now. I looked him up on wikipedia and he's basically bothering more with his autobiographical book than playing directly with the NFL, which would be seen and heard of on TV if he was anyway.

People got miffed when 343 was dicking around with Halo lore, and fans had their valid reasons, just like Football fans have valid reasons for a massive corp to stop using a player who played in the NFL 4 years ago, and currently isn't playing.

The main focus with these games, that you're not understanding, is that they are based on current seasons, not 4 or 20 years ago, otherwise we may as well have football player dating back from the 1920's by the "who cares" logic, and we know that doesn't fly.

Again, I hate sports, I hate EA sports games, but I understand that what they are doing is honestly stupid and pissing off fans interested in the games. If the sports games aren't allowed to be consistent, then honestly, why should any other game?.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
Barozi said:

Except he's not playing in the NFL right now. I looked him up on wikipedia and he's basically bothering more with his autobiographical book than playing directly with the NFL, which would be seen and heard of on TV if he was anyway.

People got miffed when 343 was dicking around with Halo lore, and fans had their valid reasons, just like Football fans have valid reasons for a massive corp to stop using a player who played in the NFL 4 years ago, and currently isn't playing.

The main focus with these games, that you're not understanding, is that they are based on current seasons, not 4 or 20 years ago, otherwise we may as well have football player dating back from the 1920's by the "who cares" logic, and we know that doesn't fly.

Again, I hate sports, I hate EA sports games, but I understand that what they are doing is honestly stupid and pissing off fans interested in the games. If the sports games aren't allowed to be consistent, then honestly, why should any other game?.

I disagree completely.

Kaepernick is an active football player. He never retired.

Proof: https://www.nfl.com/players/colin-kaepernick/
UFA = Unrestricted Free Agent

EA Sports adds him as a free agent. What's the problem? It's part of the official "lore". If you don't like that, blame the NFL.

Besides, sports games have tons of old players and teams to use. NBA 2K series for example is full of classic teams, almost 70 in fact. Many of them can't even be considered legendary, they just had to add teams from each franchise so those fans wouldn't get angry.

https://www.2kratings.com/classic-teams

And yes, they of course also add players that currently don't have a team into a free agent section. It's been that way for years - no, decades.