By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can Cyberpunk 2077 live up to expectations?

Will Cyberpunk 2077 meet expectations?

It'll be even better than expected. 1 2.50%

It will meet expectations. 10 25.00%

It'll be a great game, bu... 23 57.50%

It'll be a decent game, b... 6 15.00%

It's probably gonna suck. 0 0%

Total:40
Angelus said:
Zones said:

"pretty reasonable"

"one of the 5 best games I've ever played"

I think you might be high, because you're definitely not being reasonable by any stretch of the word.

Oh....

Maybe you're right.

Top 3?

I was thinking more along the lines of the game actually being the absolute best entertainment product ever.

Only then it's reasonable to feel disappointed (if it's not).

Around the Network
Zones said:
Angelus said:

Oh....

Maybe you're right.

Top 3?

I was thinking more along the lines of the game actually being the absolute best entertainment product ever.

Only then it's reasonable to feel disappointed (if it's not).

I like the way you think

I think it'll live up to my expectations.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

How can anyone think it will be better than expectations? The way people are treating this, especially since Keanu was revealed, it's going to be game of the generation. Years from now people will probably be debating between this game and BoTW as to who is GOTG, so how could it exceed those expectations?

Also, on another note, any indication on if there is a way to play this game and avoid all sexual content? I'm fascinated by 80's dystopian future stories and ones that involve hacking, but I don't want to have to be forced to see or go through some mandatory sexual content scenes. Also, this isn't an invitation to do anything other than answer my question...

Dulfite said:

Also, on another note, any indication on if there is a way to play this game and avoid all sexual content? I'm fascinated by 80's dystopian future stories and ones that involve hacking, but I don't want to have to be forced to see or go through some mandatory sexual content scenes. Also, this isn't an invitation to do anything other than answer my question...

Has such a feature existed in any game recently?  Generally speaking, creators want people to experience their creations in a certain way.  Removing parts of the content is counter to that end.  In fact, in the USA, this is a big enough deal that there have been many lawsuits over third-parties removing explicit content from entertainment media.  Obviously, if CDPR creates such an option, that's not the same as a third-party doing it.  But, I just see it as highly unlikely.  

Around the Network
Dulfite said:

Avoid all sexual content? I would guess not. I mean, if Witcher 3 is any indication, and I'd say that it probably is, you can avoid seeing any of the sex cutscenes by pretty much just shutting everyone down in conversation, but even without those, there's still a few moments in the game where people (and a couple of succubi) are varying degrees of naked.

VAMatt said:
Dulfite said:

Has such a feature existed in any game recently?  Generally speaking, creators want people to experience their creations in a certain way.  Removing parts of the content is counter to that end.  In fact, in the USA, this is a big enough deal that there have been many lawsuits over third-parties removing explicit content from entertainment media.  Obviously, if CDPR creates such an option, that's not the same as a third-party doing it.  But, I just see it as highly unlikely.  

That's a shame. Things like that should be optional, and games should also allow language filters to be applied and blur effects on gruesome scenes for that matter. Movies and TV already have that ability with things like Clearplay and VidAngel, allowing people to still pay money to see something but be enabled to watch it the way they, the consumer, wish too. These companies would make a lot more money if they would build these simple options into their games, as many would buy them that wouldn't otherwise.

Dulfite said:
VAMatt said:

That's a shame. Things like that should be optional, and games should also allow language filters to be applied and blur effects on gruesome scenes for that matter. Movies and TV already have that ability with things like Clearplay and VidAngel, allowing people to still pay money to see something but be enabled to watch it the way they, the consumer, wish too. These companies would make a lot more money if they would build these simple options into their games, as many would buy them that wouldn't otherwise.

I'm simply expecting a good game.

Zones said:
Dulfite said:

1) Props to you for quoting Tobias to argue against me. I'm tempted to just give up, declare that I am wrong, and bow to your might just for that.

2) Roughly 300 million hardware units are sold during a healthy generation. Let's say there are 300 million people that play consoles/PC every year (even though many devices have multiple players). Of those 300 million people, if even just 1% refused to buy games due to inappropriate content that they can't filter (and I'm fairly confident that percentage is higher), that's 3,000,000 gamers that would suddenly buy games if those filters could be applied. Certainly, we can all agree, that sales boosting by 10,000 is significant for studios, let alone up to and probably well beyond 3,000,000. That is not dozens lol.