By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can Cyberpunk 2077 live up to expectations?

Will Cyberpunk 2077 meet expectations?

It'll be even better than expected. 1 2.50%

It will meet expectations. 10 25.00%

It'll be a great game, bu... 23 57.50%

It'll be a decent game, b... 6 15.00%

It's probably gonna suck. 0 0%

Total:40

Considering the massive success of The Witcher 3, and the years of marketing leading up to the launch of Cyberpunk, the expectations for the game are sky high.  Can CDPR actually deliver a game that meets these expectations?  

I loved TW3.  But, the game was buggy at launch, and has some technical issues that were never addressed (as far as I know).  I think people forget about that stuff when looking back on the game.  We all just remember it was super fun.  But, when Cyberpunk launches, we'll see reviews, DF comparisons, and other stuff that points out all of those flaws.  

Then there's the normal risk associated with any game, especially a new IP.  Some games just aren't great, even ones with big budgets and long development times.  

So, can the game actually meet expectations, or have they been set impossibly high?

Edit to add - I'm thinking about gamers' expectations.  But, feel free to talk about whatever expectations you want.  

Last edited by VAMatt - on 05 September 2020

Around the Network

Ultimately, everyone sets their own expectations, and mine are pretty reasonable.

As long as it's one of the 5 best games I've ever played, I'll be perfectly satisfied.

It has to be damn near perfect to live up to its expectations. I'm expecting it to be in my top 25 games of all time, and if its in my top 10 games it will exceed my expectations. Since we have waited this long, I probably won't pick it up until I pick up a PS5. I'm not sure what kind of extra graphical features will be there, but that's where I will pick it up.

So I was gonna say something in the lines of "sure, CDPR are expected to make quality games but the cyberpunk genre is not popular and I dont think the anticipation for this is anywhere similar to a Witcher game". But then I read the comment above and yeah, no, its not gonna meet those expectations.

It's gonna be a good game, not sure what one would expect beyond that.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Don't think so, frankly lost all interest in it. Setting is uninteresting the more i see it

Angelus said:
Ultimately, everyone sets their own expectations, and mine are pretty reasonable.

As long as it's one of the 5 best games I've ever played, I'll be perfectly satisfied.

"pretty reasonable"

"one of the 5 best games I've ever played"

I think you might be high, because you're definitely not being reasonable by any stretch of the word.

Zones said:
Angelus said:

"pretty reasonable"

"one of the 5 best games I've ever played"

I think you might be high, because you're definitely not being reasonable by any stretch of the word.

Oh....

Maybe you're right.

Top 3?

based on the hype? probably not
based on just being fucking cool? yes

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

It's AAA so no it won't live up to the hype. AAA is always way overhyped and more often than not, highly produced mediocrity.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!