By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS5 or RTX 3080 (Lol update)

What would be wisest?

PS5 54 44.26%

RTX 3080 49 40.16%

Neither, you don't need a... 19 15.57%

Total:122

If I were in your shoes I would sell your 2070 and upgrade. The Turing cards is going to drop in value a lot over the next few weeks and probably won't get better.

Assuming you're mostly gaming on PC that is and have not much interest in launch titles for PS5. But thats just me. I'm personally leaning towards this path myself. Or be a total arse and buy and resell a PS5 to fund more PC upgrades lol.

Around the Network

If It was me and I had a graphics card which was as you said yourself "literally perfectly fine", what I would do is keep it until it wasn't "literally perfectly fine" and then I'd get an upgrade - basically wait for the 4080 or 5080 or something.
That's pretty much what I've been doing myself anyways, I've stuck with my 980ti these past 5 years because I've been satisfied with it.

It would really depend on how much you get for that 2070s. I would asume that after this anouncement you probably not gona get as much as your planing for it. If you can sell it at all. This kind of thinking was good a a couple of weeks ago.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

I would go PS5, exclusive games while getting a better GPU would just give a little better experience but you wouldn't miss anything using the same card you already have and can upgrade when 3080 gets cheaper.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

RTX 3080 to play fs 2020 in its full glory.

I was down to sub 5 fps landing at Heathrow on a GTX 1060. You need a beastly CPU as well though.

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
It would really depend on how much you get for that 2070s. I would asume that after this anouncement you probably not gona get as much as your planing for it. If you can sell it at all. This kind of thinking was good a a couple of weeks ago.

I got mine for £500 last year, and they're selling on Ebay for like £400-£450.

If I can get £250-300 for it I would be very happy with that. And would then mean a 3080 would only cost me £350 + £100 for new PSU. 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

NyanNyanNekoChan said:

If It was me and I had a graphics card which was as you said yourself "literally perfectly fine", what I would do is keep it until it wasn't "literally perfectly fine" and then I'd get an upgrade - basically wait for the 4080 or 5080 or something.
That's pretty much what I've been doing myself anyways, I've stuck with my 980ti these past 5 years because I've been satisfied with it.

Contemplated this, but I'm planning on getting a 4K monitor, and 4k gaming on a 2070s is definitely doable but it's not univerally great, not even 2080ti would be. So I opted for a 1440p 144HZ monitor.

Feel like 4k60fps max settings on RTX 3080 across the board will finally be achievable, and even with Ray Tracing using DLSS. And then getting mad frames in lighter titles in 4k assuming I actually spend the money for a high refresh rate 4k monitor which isn't really that likel and will probably use my 1440p monitor for high refreshrate gaming.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Damn, I just looked at the specs and even the 3070 is a massive leap. Definitely go for a 3070 or 3080. I'll be upgrading, myself as soon as I can get one ordered at BestBuy.

ArchangelMadzz said:
eva01beserk said:

I got mine for £500 last year, and they're selling on Ebay for like £400-£450.

If I can get £250-300 for it I would be very happy with that. And would then mean a 3080 would only cost me £350 + £100 for new PSU. 

Then I sugest you  get on that ASAP. I expect by tomorrow those prices are gona drop. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

I'd sell that 2070 and save whatever's left for that 3080. You can always grab a PS5 later on down the line when it's cheaper and has more games.

Personally I'll be going for a 3080 without question. It's a much better leap for me as a 1080ti user. DLSS is just too good to pass up.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"