By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Chadwick Boseman, ‘Black Panther’ Star, Dies at 43

This is so sad to hear, Rest In Peace.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
I don't want another Black Panther movie without Chadwick. :(

he really did encapsulate the character perfectly. I could see maybe his sister taking over or something - there's a lot they could do with it - but Tchalla is Chadwick. 

Wakanda forever. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

John2290 said:

Did he know himself? Cause that's some real disrespectful shit to everyone else he worked with, their careers and their mental well being. R.I.P but that is some rank shit.

~Banned - Ryuu96

Of course he knew he had cancer. He wouldn't have been fighting it for 4 years if he didn't know. I'm sure people who worked with him knew too. It's just that he wanted to keep it private. Bringing that up to the public would only make things more stressful for him imo.

Mr.GameCrazy said:

Of course he knew he had cancer. He wouldn't have been fighting it for 4 years if he didn't know. I'm sure people who worked with him knew too. It's just that he wanted to keep it private. Bringing that up to the public would only make things more stressful for him imo.

It's also no one's business. That is personal stuff, it's up to the individual if they wish to disclose such information.

Either way, not giving up and living life to the fullest whilst you have a terminal illness is a very special kind of individual and an absolute inspiration to everyone going through the same hardships to keep on pushing forwards.

Either-way, let's try and steer around John's insensitive comment.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

"In my culture, death is not the end. It’s more of a stepping-off point. You reach out with both hands, and Bast and Sekhmet, they lead you into the green veld where, you can run forever." - T'Challa

Only the good die young. RIP.

Around the Network

So... a little while ago, I posted this meme about Chadwick because I found it amusing.

I figured it was just due to him growing fatigued from being Black Panther all of the time, and just not having the enthusiasm. Obviously, there is another potential and more likely explanation for his apparent lack of vigor.

I feel bad now for posting it. Obviously I didn't mean any malice, but it's clearly less funny in retrospect. Hopefully this will serve as a lesson in the future to think more about what people may be going through before speaking.

JWeinCom said:

So... a little while ago, I posted this meme about Chadwick because I found it amusing.

I figured it was just due to him growing fatigued from being Black Panther all of the time, and just not having the enthusiasm. Obviously, there is another potential and more likely explanation for his apparent lack of vigor.

I feel bad now for posting it. Obviously I didn't mean any malice, but it's clearly less funny in retrospect. Hopefully this will serve as a lesson in the future to think more about what people may be going through before speaking.

I dont think you should blame yourself for anything there. It was just a funny meme. No one knew what was going on. 

KLXVER said:
JWeinCom said:

I dont think you should blame yourself for anything there. It was just a funny meme. No one knew what was going on. 

That's kind of the point though. We don't know what people have going on, and should maybe consider those possibilities before commenting about them. 

In this case, since I doubt Chadwick ever visited my facebook, it probably didn't hurt anyone (although that doesn't necessarily make it ok), but there are other examples in my personal life that I could give, where I should have been more patient or understanding with people. 

Edit: Going to just respond to the next post as an edit, because it's getting a little off topic. But, personally, I'd rather err on the side of caution, and will try to refrain from jokes about changes in appearance and demeanor in the future, since those may very well be related to physical or emotional issues. Gotta follow my conscience, and you can follow yours.

Last edited by JWeinCom - on 30 August 2020

JWeinCom said:
KLXVER said:

That's kind of the point though. We don't know what people have going on, and should maybe consider those possibilities before commenting about them. 

In this case, since I doubt Chadwick ever visited my facebook, it probably didn't hurt anyone (although that doesn't necessarily make it ok), but there are other examples in my personal life that I could give, where I should have been more patient or understanding with people. 

Well you didnt really comment on anything. You just posted a funny meme. If the caption was making fun of him for being sick, then it would be a different thing. We cant stop joking around just because someone might be sick. That sounds a bit miserable.

JWeinCom said:

Thats not the worst I've seen. I saw a ''fate of team iron man one'' that genuinely made me feel sick. 

Big loss in an already tough year. Wilford Brimley, Mory Kante, Brian Dennehy, Ian Holme, Little Richard were childhood favs of mine. This one is just on a whole other level though. RIP