By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Best Lord of the Rings film

I think the best is...

Fellowship of the Ring 11 17.19%

Two Towers 20 31.25%

Return of the King 33 51.56%

Total:64

I love how, even though many of us have preferences, we all agree that all three films are phenomenal.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

Two Towers. Best story, best character development, incredible battle scene, Rohan, Ents.

Bakshi's LotR from 1978 - I somewhat enjoyed Jackson's films, some things more than the others, but as a whole I find Bakshi's film to has a feel much more akin to Tolkien's books than Jakson's trilogy.

two towers has the highest score out of all of em,
and it reflects it a really gawdamn good movie!

i like the scene where the king of rohan possessed saying " u have no power here" hahahaha!
memorable and meme as hell!

My gut choice is Return of the King. But I need to rewatch the trilogy as an adult at some point. Still my favorite movies, I hope something can surpass it.

Around the Network
HoloDust said:
Bakshi's LotR from 1978 - I somewhat enjoyed Jackson's films, some things more than the others, but as a whole I find Bakshi's film to has a feel much more akin to Tolkien's books than Jakson's trilogy.

My feeling exactly.

Just sad he had to cut them so short.

Return of the King. One of my all-time favourite ending songs, "Into the West".

Bofferbrauer2 said:
HoloDust said:

My feeling exactly.

Just sad he had to cut them so short.

It's crazy how FotR takes almost all of its editing cues from the Bakshi film. All of the cut material lines up pretty well. It was odd to end the film half way through LotR, rather than stopping at TTT, but the Bakshi version is still a pleasure, unfinished elements and all.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

I don't think I could ever choose. Each film is a masterpiece of its own.

Return of the King, especially the extended cut.

But they're all excellent.