By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo Infinite delayed to 2021

And I thought the launch of the xbox one with halo MMC was a disaster..... company must be suffering some serious internal problems not related to development. Likely poor management/leadership. This often happens to independent studios when they get bought out because they lose a lot of freedom.

Around the Network
zero129 said:
DonFerrari said:

Sure you have said it. Still have MS show any game that was crossgen and looked great? Nope.

Have they proved that Halo Infinite was being made from ground up to take advantage of XSX HW? Nope.

You can claim that they didn`t show much crossgen or AAA titles, but them you would have to guess why not? Because they know that it cost manpower and anchor the game.

1. Goopys whole point was that every MS Series X Exclusives would be held back for 2 years because of Supporting crossgen. If anything the MS show proved he was wrong, People where telling him that not every MS exclusive would be crossgen, people where also telling him that the ones that "are" wouldnt be held back anyway as like i said unless they where a massive open world game made to take full advantage of the Series X in the first place and the was no way that was going to happen in the first year anyways, The rest of the cross gen games was always going to look the way they did as they where only smaller games. So like i said Goopy should be the one apologizing for all that shit he was saying. I honestly dont know why your trying to paint him as innocent and in a good light as if he was right.

2. Halo's problems once again doesnt come from being cross gen. But if it makes you and Goopy feel better (Almost think ye where the same person sometimes) keep telling yourself it is. Ill prove how inconsistent you guys are with this. you guys believe Spider-man PS5 looks great and is an upgrade over the PS4 version. Yet its using the exact same engine from the PS4 version the same level layout etc. They have pretty much upgraded the PS4 version of the game with better lighting and textures etc by all accounts its a cross gen game as it was build with last gen in mind but its still doing things and looks better then what was possible on the PS4 version. Very funny how engines can scale right?. Like i said Halos problems doesnt come from Cross gen.

3. I honestly dont know how multi platform publishers and PC Devs do it then

Simple, multi platform devs make a game with the lowest spec device in target. From there they upscale the resolution and/or framerate. Resulting in a near identical game. Its what we have seen since forever.

Edit: Its way you hear a lot of the pc players complaining that consoles are holding pc back. Cuz they where. Now you have x1 holding xsx back like its been for decades in the multi platform development. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

zero129 said:
DonFerrari said:

Sure you have said it. Still have MS show any game that was crossgen and looked great? Nope.

Have they proved that Halo Infinite was being made from ground up to take advantage of XSX HW? Nope.

You can claim that they didn`t show much crossgen or AAA titles, but them you would have to guess why not? Because they know that it cost manpower and anchor the game.

1. Goopys whole point was that every MS Series X Exclusives would be held back for 2 years because of Supporting crossgen. If anything the MS show proved he was wrong, People where telling him that not every MS exclusive would be crossgen, people where also telling him that the ones that "are" wouldnt be held back anyway as like i said unless they where a massive open world game made to take full advantage of the Series X in the first place and the was no way that was going to happen in the first year anyways, The rest of the cross gen games was always going to look the way they did as they where only smaller games. So like i said Goopy should be the one apologizing for all that shit he was saying. I honestly dont know why your trying to paint him as innocent and in a good light as if he was right.

2. Halo's problems once again doesnt come from being cross gen. But if it makes you and Goopy feel better (Almost think ye where the same person sometimes) keep telling yourself it is. Ill prove how inconsistent you guys are with this. you guys believe Spider-man PS5 looks great and is an upgrade over the PS4 version. Yet its using the exact same engine from the PS4 version the same level layout etc. They have pretty much upgraded the PS4 version of the game with better lighting and textures etc by all accounts its a cross gen game as it was build with last gen in mind but its still doing things and looks better then what was possible on the PS4 version. Very funny how engines can scale right?. Like i said Halos problems doesnt come from Cross gen.

1. Nope, he posted MS themselves saying they would support crossgen for the next 2 years and them concluded that would held down the games on XSX. And in fact the games that aren`t crossgen from MS didn`t had a release date teased (and if it were to release exclusive next gen but before the timeframe that MS said they would launch all their games as crossgen then they would be lying).

2. If you think we are the same person report to mods, if won`t like the info. You also clearly didn`t read my posts about Spider-Man, because you basically didn`t say a single true point regarding it from what I posted.

3. When it is the same game you can clearly see they look and play the same, with only bell and whistles. When they really want to make it stand above they basically make 2 versions. Just look for the Legacy versions of Fifa on PS2 or PS3 or Switch. If scalability was this miraculous tool that you think they are there wouldn`t be a need for this.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Can you not see the water there in that SM pic, zero? Water is the key to being real next gen.

zero129 said:

2. Halo's problems once again doesnt come from being cross gen.

With all due respect, but...
I saw this video from Digital Foundry and i realy think they disagree whit you. Guy is prety much begging for 343I to drop Xbox one and realy insists that Last gen is holding back Halo... just saying

At 1min 18sec.

Last edited by Manlytears - on 13 August 2020

Around the Network
goopy20 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

He’s already shifted the goal posts for this in response to what Sony or MS have done. Remember, Xbox needs to blow us away with experiences entirely not possible on last gen consoles. But HorizonFW is great because there was a non-gameplay trailer that showed you going underwater. Have you ever played a game that allowed you to go under water? I didn’t think so.

I'm not being unfair here man. Just tell me what MS has shown so far that gets you excited for next gen games? 

The truth is, Series X is an impressive piece of kit and I want it to impress the hell out of me. Unfortunately, impressing us with next gen experiences just doesn't seem to fit into MS's GP strategy. Instead, we have a 12Tflops beast of a console where its flag ship title has turned into a meme.

Dude you gotta drop the act. You admitted to have a decent PC rig with PC Game Pass whenever a Xbox game comes out that appeals to you. You are not the target demographic to buy a Series X. You all ready in the ecosystem there is no reason for you to buy the console. 

“Just tell me what MS has shown so far that gets you excited for next gen games?” 

Avowed. Next gen Skyrim only on Xbox with 2 gens gap since said game released. And when they get the graphics cleaned up, Halo Infinite. Open world going back to series roots is a fans dream come true. 

Last edited by sales2099 - on 13 August 2020

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Manlytears said:
zero129 said:

2. Halo's problems once again doesnt come from being cross gen.

With all due respect, but...
I saw this video from Digital Foundry and i realy think they disagree whit you. Guy is prety much begging for 343I to drop Xbox one and realy insists that Last gen is holding back Halo... just saying

At 1min 18sec.

What? industries professionals? who would believe  them. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

zero129 said:
DonFerrari said:

Err.. weren't you the one who kept saying Halo Infinite would be natively designed for Series X? For months I've been saying what would happen when they finally revealed Halo gameplay and nobody believed me. People had too much faith in the things Phil was saying about scalability and were convinced they could just press a magical scale down button on the Xbox One.

Now, of course, all engines are scalable but that becomes irrelevant when MS is aiming for parity across all platforms. With Spider Man MM its a different situation as they don't have to think about parity, or any other platform for that matter. So yes, its using the same engine (no doubt tweaked for the ps5), but that doesn't mean they won't be able to push the engine much further. There are plenty of amazing UE4 tech demo's that arguably look even better than the UE5 demo. Its because they were designed specifically for high-end hardware and weren't designed to scale. We'll have to wait and see but it seems like it'll be the same case with MM.

Last edited by goopy20 - on 13 August 2020

Apparently Remedy has been working on CrossFireX for almost five years. I had no idea, hype even higher for that game now.

edit, my bad. Posting Xbox launch stuff in the Kena/Miles thread.

DonFerrari said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I guess what we consider major is subjective. I didn't really consider any 1st party games in the 8th gen launch major. As I've stated before the 3rd party games crushed 1st party in sales. I mean it was a bunch of B tier stuff.

MS will simply have to lean into the 3rd party content. I'd say they should really push Cyberpunk if it really benefits from Series X, but that game could be delayed as well.

As far as I am aware the only big title PS5 has at launch is essentially a Spiderman expansion. I know that's considered significant, but these are both platforms relying heavily on 3rd party content. More people will be playing Fortnite and the next Call of Duty on 9th gen.

If there is no game pushing XSX, and they rely on 3rd party that will also be on PS5 that Sony is pushing much more, momentum will favor PS5 tremendously.

Sony has the advantage period. A Spiderman expansion doesn't move the needle much more in my opinion. Espeically if its very much like the last game. But its something.

Like I said, MS could push Gamepass and stress it has content that utilizes Series X. Then 3rd party games could get a big marketing push. Last, the Series S could be appealing for next gen gaming at a lower price. I think the best thing to do is compare Series S to 8th gen consoles, as it will look like a significant upgrade.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)