By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo Infinite delayed to 2021

goopy20 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

2025 or later, lol. I see you’re still as optimistic as always when it comes to Xbox.

Fable hasn't even hired a lead writer or game designer yet. Lets face it, that game isn't coming out soon.

Fable Job Listings Seem to Indicate That Release is Still Far Of

https://www.dualshockers.com/fable-xbox-series-x-release-date-far/

Unless, of course, they'll do some kind of early access thing like they did with Grounded. Personally I don't like them releasing half finished games, though. I think it only hurts games that have great potential. Take Grounded for example. I loved it and can honestly say that game almost changed my entire opinion about GP. I said almost because after an hour of play time, I run across a little robot, smacked it in the head and I already completed the story content... I spend maybe a couple hours more crafting things but I uninstalled it soon after because there wasn't anything else to do.

Imo releasing it in a state like that is a complete waste of a potentially great new ip. Now its getting crappy reviews from the major gaming sites and I've already lost interest. All because the suits care more about filling GP than delivering quality experiences that typically take 5 years or more to make.

So Grounded was so amazing that it almost completely turned you around on all this utter nonsense you've been spewing for months, and yet the fact that you finished the game quick soured you on it... even though it was made perfectly clear to you that it is an early access title. Yeah, I'm gonna call bullshit, just like you playing Ori at 120fps was BS. Personally when I find a game that I adore, so much so that it has me doubting months of life choices, I always hate that I'm going to get a lot more of that game at a later date. Also regarding how they don't care about quality and instead just want to focus on filling GamePass with crap:

1. I know this seems like an official Sony thread, including how JRPG just posted a bunch of Spider-Man nonsense even after a mod tried to steer us back to Xbox, but this is a thread about MS delaying the biggest launch title of 2020. So you're saying in the case of Grounded, a small title made by a handful of Obsidian employees in their spare time, that they wanted to push GamePass sales. But in the case of their biggest franchise, Halo, which would have pushed GamePass way more, they aren't "filling GP"? I guess that's not a contradiction at all.

2. Hundreds of games launch in early access without GamePass. Early access has nothing to do with "filling GP". My advice if you don't like early access games is to maybe not buy/download/play them? When you're watching a movie preview, if the preview is great and then it ends and it wasn't the entire movie, do you throw a fit and swear off the full movie release? How bizarre.

Regarding Fable, hiring a new lead in one area or two doesn't mean the game is five years off. Teams can have multiple people and sometimes even more than one lead. There's no doubt Fable is early, but we have no idea how much of the main stuff is done or what point in development they are in. Saying 2025 is just you doing your typical worst case scenario for Xbox. It could still easily come in 2022 or 2023. Also, no, good games don't require five year dev cycles LOL

Around the Network
goopy20 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

2025 or later, lol. I see you’re still as optimistic as always when it comes to Xbox.

Fable hasn't even hired a lead writer or game designer yet. Lets face it, that game isn't coming out soon.

Fable Job Listings Seem to Indicate That Release is Still Far Of

https://www.dualshockers.com/fable-xbox-series-x-release-date-far/

Unless, of course, they'll do some kind of early access thing like they did with Grounded. Personally I don't like them releasing half finished games, though. I think it only hurts games that have great potential. Take Grounded for example. I loved it and can honestly say that game almost changed my entire opinion about GP. I said almost because after an hour of play time, I run across a little robot, smacked it in the head and I already completed the story content... I spend maybe a couple hours more crafting things but I uninstalled it soon after because there wasn't anything else to do.

Imo releasing it in a state like that is a complete waste of a potentially great new ip. Now its getting crappy reviews from the major gaming sites and I've already lost interest. All because the suits care more about filling GP than delivering quality experiences that typically take 5 years or more to make.

It’s weird you overlook that the game is in early access. Meaning it gets updates over time until it’s ready, getting feedback and improving as they go. Again it’s silly I have to explain this to you. When it officially releases sometime in 2021 the feedback this year will prove invaluable. 

I uninstalled it too because I want to go back in when it’s meatier. Certainly doesn’t diminish how unique of a game it is these days. 

As for Fable, 3 years is more of a reasonable assumption considering they just developing now. Last 1-2 years was presumably mostly planning stages. 

Last edited by sales2099 - on 14 August 2020

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.