By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo Infinite delayed to 2021

sales2099 said:
goopy20 said:

I'm not being unfair here man. Just tell me what MS has shown so far that gets you excited for next gen games? 

The truth is, Series X is an impressive piece of kit and I want it to impress the hell out of me. Unfortunately, impressing us with next gen experiences just doesn't seem to fit into MS's GP strategy. Instead, we have a 12Tflops beast of a console where its flag ship title has turned into a meme.

Dude you gotta drop the act. You admitted to have a decent PC rig with PC Game Pass whenever a Xbox game comes out that appeals to you. You are not the target demographic to buy a Series X. You all ready in the ecosystem there is no reason for you to buy the console. 

“Just tell me what MS has shown so far that gets you excited for next gen games?” 

Avowed. Next gen Skyrim only on Xbox with 2 gens gap since said game released. And when they get the graphics cleaned up, Halo Infinite. Open world going back to series roots is a fans dream come true. 

I got a pretty modest pc and I totally expected I had to upgrade my GTX1060 to play Series X games. If that was the case, I probably would have gone with a Series X instead. However, thanks to MS's consumer friendly strategy, I will be able to play all the Series X games perfectly fine, which is both a good and a bad thing for me. It saves me some money, but I'm also disappointed as I was expecting mind-boggling Xbox games from those 12Tflops.

How do you know Avowed will be a next gen Skyrim? We've only seen a short cgi clip and it could be a card battler for all we know. Same thing with Fable and Everwild.. we know absolutely nothing about those games. My guess is that they will be MMO's but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
DonFerrari said:

If there is no game pushing XSX, and they rely on 3rd party that will also be on PS5 that Sony is pushing much more, momentum will favor PS5 tremendously.

Sony has the advantage period. A Spiderman expansion doesn't move the needle much more in my opinion. Espeically if its very much like the last game. But its something.

Like I said, MS could push Gamepass and stress it has content that utilizes Series X. Then 3rd party games could get a big marketing push. Last, the Series S could be appealing for next gen gaming at a lower price. I think the best thing to do is compare Series S to 8th gen consoles, as it will look like a significant upgrade.

Sure agree Spiderman won't really move the needle. Launch window will be mostly on inventory size, price (not that much) and hype, Spiderman could contribute (but I don't say it does since it so far looks like a crossgen standalone expansion, that sure should have a PS4 version).

Well I don't see the marketing deal helping much the sales of Series X (and not to the same extension Halo Infinite could), but also as said before launch don't really depend on that. But sure I could be wrong and GP with strong 3rd party marketing deals could push a lot of Series X consoles.

We won't know for sure before release, and won't even be able to correctly estimate before price points.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Mr Puggsly said:
DonFerrari said:

If there is no game pushing XSX, and they rely on 3rd party that will also be on PS5 that Sony is pushing much more, momentum will favor PS5 tremendously.

Sony has the advantage period. A Spiderman expansion doesn't move the needle much more in my opinion. Espeically if its very much like the last game. But its something.

Like I said, MS could push Gamepass and stress it has content that utilizes Series X. Then 3rd party games could get a big marketing push. Last, the Series S could be appealing for next gen gaming at a lower price. I think the best thing to do is compare Series S to 8th gen consoles, as it will look like a significant upgrade.

Man, honestly not trying to be funny but Xbox gamers liike yourself shouldn't be so complacent with Microsoft. This is a monumental fuck up for them and the fact that the suits thought the game looked okay even for today's current gen standard just shows how out of touch the top execs are when it comes to gaming, and what direction they want to take Xbox in. Other that take the easy way that the industry is going with GaaS - get players invested and locked in with more subscriptions, DLC and services.

Its okay to be critical every once in a while, and this is time to do so. Game Pass is good and all but it shouldn't be the main selling factor in a brand new console. When you have MS preparing everyone to wait a couple of years for their big games and trying to sell you more on GP and xpac doesn't that give you a big red flag.

Its the next generation, they should have some content ready for launch window as they winded down support for Xbox One during the last couple of years. You shouldnt just excuse them constantly. Things improve with criticism, like with Infinite now.

goopy20 said:
sales2099 said:

Dude you gotta drop the act. You admitted to have a decent PC rig with PC Game Pass whenever a Xbox game comes out that appeals to you. You are not the target demographic to buy a Series X. You all ready in the ecosystem there is no reason for you to buy the console. 

“Just tell me what MS has shown so far that gets you excited for next gen games?” 

Avowed. Next gen Skyrim only on Xbox with 2 gens gap since said game released. And when they get the graphics cleaned up, Halo Infinite. Open world going back to series roots is a fans dream come true. 

I got a pretty modest pc and I totally expected I had to upgrade my GTX1060 to play Series X games. If that was the case, I probably would have gone with a Series X instead. However, thanks to MS's consumer friendly strategy, I will be able to play all the Series X games perfectly fine, which is both a good and a bad thing for me. It saves me some money, but I'm also disappointed as I was expecting mind-boggling Xbox games from those 12Tflops.

How do you know Avowed will be a next gen Skyrim? We've only seen a short cgi clip and it could be a card battler for all we know. Same thing with Fable and Everwild.. we know absolutely nothing about those games. My guess is that they will be MMO's but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

It’s common sense that every gen you don’t get full potential games at launch. Never happened before. So until say year 2-3 you are fine where you are, already in the Xbox ecosystem. It’s ironic having this conversation with a fellow Xbox gamer, guess being on PC doesn’t “feel” like you are a part of the Xbox family like owning a Xbox console does. Hmm. 

Ryu explained your second paragraph well enough. If you gonna bash the competition, at least look up the latest leaks. 

Back on topic, Halo being delayed is nothing but good news. The only real downside is actual fans having to wait. The game would have launched in a incomplete state this year.
Now 2021 will have a game released at its potential and frankly has a suite of features the competition can’t begin to touch. Coop, split screen, map editor, custom games, a fully fledged multiplayer with dozens of playlists if past Halos are anything to go by....things that aren’t even attempted lately on the other side of the spectrum.

A massive campaign and multiplayer with equal levels of devotion to each, that is what proper Halo brings to the table that elevates Xbox. So the graphics didn’t look up to par, (shrugs) good thing that won’t be an issue now. Thanks for doing your part with the constructive criticism, you help make Halo better for all of us :) 

In the meantime, Craig will make his rounds as free press and get the word out. What was started as a way to bring Xbox gamers down turned into a comedy relief meme that became a rally cry for 343 to do better. 

Last edited by sales2099 - on 13 August 2020

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
goopy20 said:

It’s common sense that every gen you don’t get full potential games at launch. Never happened before. So until say year 2-3 you are fine where you are, already in the Xbox ecosystem. It’s ironic having this conversation with a fellow Xbox gamer, guess being on PC doesn’t “feel” like you are a part of the Xbox family like owning a Xbox console does. Hmm. 

Ryu explained your second paragraph well enough. If you gonna bash the competition, at least look up the latest leaks. 

Back on topic, Halo being delayed is nothing but good news. The only real downside is actual fans having to wait. The game would have launched in a incomplete state this year.
Now 2021 will have a game released at its potential and frankly has a suite of features the competition can’t begin to touch. Coop, split screen, map editor, custom games, a fully fledged multiplayer with dozens of playlists if past Halos are anything to go by....things that aren’t even attempted lately on the other side of the spectrum.

A massive campaign and multiplayer with equal levels of devotion to each, that is what proper Halo brings to the table that elevates Xbox. So the graphics didn’t look up to par, (shrugs) good thing that won’t be an issue now. Thanks for doing your part with the constructive criticism, you help make Halo better for all of us :) 

In the meantime, Craig will make his rounds as free press and get the word out. What was started as a way to bring Xbox gamers down turned into a comedy relief meme that became a rally cry for 343 to do better. 

And a proper good score to match, which could increase sales for long term for both the game and console. But would be good to put a beta now that they will have a longer time to work.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Around the Network

@Don

I can definitely see them making the most of the situation by at least doing a beta at launch. Just like Halo 5 did in holiday 2014. So both campaign and MP teams get the feedback they require.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Ryuu96 said:
goopy20 said:

Man you really post the most ridiculous stuff without doing any research at all, kinda shows you don't follow Xbox in the slightest.

"It could be a card battler for all we know"....Unreal....It's literally confirmed as a first-person RPG - As for the Skyrim comparison, former veteran of Obsidian (Chris Avellone) literally leaked that it is Pillars of Eternity x Skyrim - Basically saying it is Pillars universe but with Skyrim-like gameplay.

Fable is confirmed as an ARPG - There's nothing concrete to suggest it will be an MMO, Playground has barely been hiring for online experience, there's talks it will have an online component (nothing new to Fable, the originals had online) but it sounds more in the vein of Forza Horizon - Which won't make it an MMO.

-

@Thread, can we actually get back to the topic of Halo Infinite and its delay?

All I know is that its in MS's best interest to have games on GP that'll keep people engaged over a long period of time. They've already turned Halo into a GAAS, so it wouldn't surprise me if we'll see the same thing happen to Fable and Avowed. 

According to this job listing, Fable is super early in development. My guess is that'll come out in 2025 or later, or they will be releasing it in pieces. My bet is the later, just like we've seen with Grounded. 

This is an exceptional opportunity to join a team and project at an early stage, giving you the rare chance to shape the future of an exciting, large-scale AAA title from the outset.  It will provide exciting new challenges for any experienced developer looking to further their career and create world class games.

https://www.playground-games.com/careers/oqxO4fwz/

sales2099 said:
@Don

I can definitely see them making the most of the situation by at least doing a beta at launch. Just like Halo 5 did in holiday 2014. So both campaign and MP teams get the feedback they require.

Being Beta people will have less reason to complain about the graphics, so it will mostly be valid criticism (sure outside of people that just want to dish out against the company they don`t like), and will help make it even better for formal release, and also will help hype get back on track. Perhaps MS will announce it on next show.

goopy20 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Man you really post the most ridiculous stuff without doing any research at all, kinda shows you don't follow Xbox in the slightest.

"It could be a card battler for all we know"....Unreal....It's literally confirmed as a first-person RPG - As for the Skyrim comparison, former veteran of Obsidian (Chris Avellone) literally leaked that it is Pillars of Eternity x Skyrim - Basically saying it is Pillars universe but with Skyrim-like gameplay.

Fable is confirmed as an ARPG - There's nothing concrete to suggest it will be an MMO, Playground has barely been hiring for online experience, there's talks it will have an online component (nothing new to Fable, the originals had online) but it sounds more in the vein of Forza Horizon - Which won't make it an MMO.

-

All I know is that its in MS's best interest to have games on GP that'll keep people engaged over a long period of time. They've already turned Halo into a GAAS, so it wouldn't surprise me if we'll see the same thing happen to Fable and Avowed. 

According to this job listing, Fable is super early in development. My guess is that'll come out in 2025 or later, or they will be releasing it in pieces. My bet is the later, just like we've seen with Grounded. 

This is an exceptional opportunity to join a team and project at an early stage, giving you the rare chance to shape the future of an exciting, large-scale AAA title from the outset.  It will provide exciting new challenges for any experienced developer looking to further their career and create world class games.

2025 or later, lol. I see you’re still as optimistic as always when it comes to Xbox.

goopy20 said:
Ryuu96 said:

-

Good thing Xbox is better suited to first party multiplayer games. A perfect match for a service like Game Pass. It’s like you look down on games with multiplayer...I got news for you. People like playing with other people. There is definitely a market for single player games but I wouldn’t dismiss the latter. 

Your Fable comment is expert trolling I must say, like a fine wine. Something I might say if CGI didn’t break me in like a wild horse in these past months lol. The best troll is subtle with a surface appearance of being genuine.

Case in point: saying Fable is a 5 year dev cycle is ludicrous and implying a AAA game being released in “pieces” is even more offensive. 

Given the Avowed leaks the only multiplayer I can see happening is optional Coop. Which I wouldn’t think would damper the experience, only enhance it.