By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 31, 2020 (Jul 27 - Aug 02)

Tagged games:

Around the Network

If those numbers are real then... My god.
Especially for Ring Fit, that's pretty much the same amount it sold in its launch week. Absolutely ludicrous.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

UnderwaterFunktown said:
Especially for Ring Fit, that's pretty much the same amount it sold in its launch week. Absolutely ludicrous.

Nintendo could ship 500k RFA in a single week, sales would be 500k. Anything ship is sold for RFA and NSW 

RolStoppable said:
tbone51 said:

(...)

Off-topic: What did you do to get tagged as sucker (succ-essor) on ResetEra?

you damned fool suck ofc

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

tbone51 said:
UnderwaterFunktown said:

Nintendo could ship 500k RFA in a single week, sales would be 500k. Anything ship is sold for RFA and NSW 

the great switch adversary is the real world. When real-world go down switch wins.

Around the Network

And keep in mind. As ridiculous as those numbers are, look at what the price listings are for the Switch SKUs on Amazon Japan.

Animal Crossing/Switch Bundle SKU - ¥49,480

Neon Red/Blue SKU - ¥41,000

Gray SKU - ¥43,890

Switch Lite Turquoise SKU -  ¥27,500

Switch Lite Coral SKU - ¥28,000

Switch Lite Yellow SKU - ¥29,800

Switch Lite Gray SKU - ¥30,700

RolStoppable said:
tbone51 said:

(...)

Off-topic: What did you do to get tagged as sucker (succ-essor) on ResetEra?

I fucked up a thread I made with the title, it’s a good read I’ll send a link

https://www.resetera.com/threads/about-mario-kart-9-coming-to-the-nintendo-switch-or-the-succ.196536/

PAOerfulone said:

And keep in mind. As ridiculous as those numbers are, look at what the price listings are for the Switch SKUs on Amazon Japan.

Animal Crossing/Switch Bundle SKU - ¥49,480

Neon Red/Blue SKU - ¥41,000

Gray SKU - ¥43,890

Switch Lite Turquoise SKU -  ¥27,500

Switch Lite Coral SKU - ¥28,000

Switch Lite Yellow SKU - ¥29,800

Switch Lite Gray SKU - ¥30,700

You can’t even argue AC is a packed in game lol it’s just sold as if it’s a copy itself

Insane results, we are looking at the Switch outdoing DS's peak years during Obon, despite a pretty big discrepancy in price.
At this point, I really believe they can sell 7 million units of hardware this year, right now we are at 3.3M with another strong week ahead and seemingly demand is not dying down. So even if Nintendo is only able to ship 50K per week for the rest of the quarter we would be looking at 3.75-3.85M with the holiday quarter still to come. This is also a minimum as I don't believe that we won't have an average lower than 75K. 

Animal Crossing hasn't even had a "major" update, if they drop some major Christmas themed update in December.... 7M could be very easily achieved in Japan. I always thought the Switch had the potential to sell gangbusters, before launching I said it could sell 10 million in a year in its launch year in Japan, if it was priced at Y30,000 and included Splatoon. Now I take my words back, Splatoon is great but not the secret sauce. If Switch launched with Animal Crossing bundled for Y30,000 it could have easily sold 10 million in the launch year. 

If those MC numbers are accurate, Switch to PS4 ratio of 33:1 for the week.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 13 August 2020