By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How many of you take advantage of HDR while gaming?

I...

Own a HDR TV. 26 54.17%

Own a HDR monitor. 3 6.25%

Don't own either of the above. 16 33.33%

*Escape button to the comments* 3 6.25%

Total:48

I have a 65" HDR tv, but game more on my old 1080p tv. There are only a few games that get HDR right, most aren't worth hogging the big tv for. Black levels are only useful at night anyway, no point in true blacks during the day. Modern HDR games look completely different when played during day time vs night time :/

Around the Network

My TV doesn't support it. Thinking of investing in a newer TV once I pay a couple of bills.

I'm embarrassed for don't even know what you're talking about

Hardships of living in a 3rd world country

I have my pc and consoles hooked up to an HDR tv, but currently play a minority of my games in HDR; it's still pretty hinky in a lot of applications. Windows' implementation is still more trouble than it's worth in my experience. On PS4, I don't know if it's my tv's fault or the game's but some look better while others look worse (usually really washed out). Maybe I could adjust settings on a per game basis but again that just seems like more trouble than it's worth. If it looks better I keep it on, if it looks worse I just disable it. When it does work like it's supposed to though, it's great. Making a nice difference in Ghost of Tsushima right now.

Not yet but plan on getting an LG CX OLED TV by the end of the year. Will be a massive upgrade over my monitor.

Going to be mainly using it for PC and console gaming. Really want to see what HDR is all about. 4K 120hz with infinitely better contrast and colours with HDR from 1440p VA ultrawide @ 60hz. Can't wait!

Around the Network

My tv has HDR and I always use it whenever a game supports it. I would not choose a 1080p HDR TV over a 4k HDR TV.

I'm still using a 720p LCD from 2010 that upscales to 1080i, and has a circular burn-in spot, so nah. I might upgrade soon, but don't know which kind of 4K I should be following/avoiding.

I've got a Samsung KS8090 55" LCD edge LED,
LG C9 55" OLED and PG27UQ using FALD.

PC gaming on the monitor and once exposed to HDR you don't want to go back to SDR. It's such a gamechanger in visual quality. I am amazed. SDR games look so washed out compared to it. Playing at night feels like you need to put some sunglasses on. It can get really bright in some games.

Wish Nintendo would also go HDR....so my both TV's would have more fun with it. But right now, they are used for Netflix and 4k blurays.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

John2290 said:

Yep, You need to get a ps4, X1, Ps5 or X1SX in November. Now is the time and why not just grab a QLED TV instead...

I already own a PS4, but I've still got my bravia 1080p tv, though that's downstairs in the livingroom. Also, I had to sell my PS4 games at a time of need, so now the console's being used as a DVD player downstairs.

I'm more for monitors than TV's. I've tasted 1440p 144hz and I don't want to go back, so I'm waiting on some OLED 120-144hz monitors for my PC. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

I have an HDR TV + PS4 Pro.
I don't even really know what HDR does in practical terms, I mean I can't spot it like "look at that HDR!" but I guess it makes for purty games.