By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Console War - The July Events stand-off

Which lastest show was better?

PS5 58 67.44%

XSX 23 26.74%

Total:81

Sony showed what true NEXT GEN is. M$ failed misserably at that.

Around the Network

if this conference was at last year E3; then It would have been bombastic (if most videos featured gameplay); but the major issue here is that Nextgen is around the corner and MS failed miserably at showing that.

Last edited by Heavenly_King - on 25 July 2020

PS5, and it's not even a contest.

PS swiped the floor with Nintendo and MS.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

New rpgs = win so it goes to Microsoft.

Sony, by a pretty wide margin. They showed more gameplay, had a greater variety of games, and focused more on the future. It made me want a PS5. The Xbox Conference did not make me want an Xbox Series X.

Both had heavy hitters, both had cinematic trailers, both had gameplay, both had indies and smaller games, but only one really showed what next gen can be and the balance was skewed in favour of the PS showcase.

And lets be honest, Sony's history gives me loads more faith in the future of that company than Microsoft has done for the Xbox. Even if both presentations were identical, I'd still have more faith in sony because they have a longer, more consistent history of delivering the goods. This appears to be no different. Even if we're just factoring in the presentations devoid of context or history, the PS showcase showed more gameplay, looked more impressive, and delivered a wider variety of content that interested me, personally.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

Microsoft's event made me want PS5 even more.

It kinda feels like next gen will be off to a slow start on both sides to be honest.

I got the distinct impression from both events that neither are really ready for next gen yet but their hand is being forced.

I was originally disappointed with the 8 minute direct, but after having time to digest everything I realized over half of the announcements I'm really looking forward to (Cadence physical! SMT3, SMT5).

1doesnotsimply

curl-6 said:
It kinda feels like next gen will be off to a slow start on both sides to be honest.

I got the distinct impression from both events that neither are really ready for next gen yet but their hand is being forced.

I definitely agree with this, but PS1, Ps2, PS3, and PS4 all had slow starts and lacklustre first years so I'm not too fussed about it. The only Sony console that had a great first year/Launch was the vita and that thing bombed hard! (Joke logic but it's actually true)

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
curl-6 said:

I definitely agree with this, but PS1, Ps2, PS3, and PS4 all had slow starts and lacklustre first years so I'm not too fussed about it. The only Sony console that had a great first year/Launch was the vita and that thing bombed hard! (Joke logic but it's actually true)

Good point; the Xbox 360 also had a slow start but went on to become one of my favourite consoles.

I guess I was kinda hoping one of them would give me enough reason to pick it up early on, since there's not much coming out on Switch these days, but it's looks like I'll have to wait. Halo Infinite and Horizon Forbidden West have my attention, but I've learned the hard way to never buy a system for one game.