By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Console War - The July Events stand-off

Which lastest show was better?

PS5 58 67.44%

XSX 23 26.74%

Total:81

PlayStation was a solid 9.5-10
Xbox was a solid 6.5-7.

Xbox was fine, but as I expected didn't have anything that sold me on buying the console. It needed more game play trailers. Simply having Ratchet, Spiderman and Horizon is enough to give it a 10 for me, and I enjoyed quite a few of the other games as well. Waiting on Nintendo to show something anything at this point for this year.

Around the Network
Chazore said:
DonFerrari said:

Understood and it is fair. But would you agree that you being mostly PC gamer it would take a lot for any console to really impress you and make you want to buy it?

Well yeah, things like having 144hz, modding capabilities, being able to increase performance and visuals to my liking, as well as supporting multiple peripherals is something I find very hard to come back from.

Like I just recently got around to playing MGSV, and I found a mod that increases object, shadow LoD's, as well as giving more sun shadow cascades, and it didn't really do a dent to my performance, which was a net plus for me and made my immersion all the better for it (also using Nvidia's HBAO+ over the game's default SSAO was better looking imo).

Hard to beat the customization level available on PC when trying on consoles. And I know that is a big plus for most PC gamers, together with being able to have 60fps or higher for any game you want.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
curl-6 said:

My little brother, who I share a flat with, has said he's planning to buy a PS5, so I guess I'll just play Horizon Forbidden West and any other PS5 titles that catch my eye on his; we share all our consoles. (Except for the Switch since he wanted to take it on the go and so got his own)

I guess if I get a Series X, then between us we'll have access to the full breadth of the next gen. They'll need a few more games to win me over though; Halo Infinite and Hellblade 2 are on my "interested" list, but it'll take more games than that til I'm willing to drop $600+ AUD.

I hope what MS just showed isn't all we're getting as far as big games for the next 2 years.

Good for you that you'll be able to enjoy both consoles plus switch without as much hardware investment. I try to help my friends with lending a lot of my games after I finish.

Cheers; since we share a flat with one living room TV, it just makes sense to share.

Between us we have a NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Megadrive, PS1, PS2, PS3, Xbox, and Xbox 360.

Funnily enough my brother's reason for wanting a PS5 at this point is the console itself "looks cool" haha. I guess if it is indeed backwards compatible with PS4 I'll be able to check out the first Horizon as well, which was always a game I wanted to play someday.

curl-6 said:
DonFerrari said:

Good for you that you'll be able to enjoy both consoles plus switch without as much hardware investment. I try to help my friends with lending a lot of my games after I finish.

Cheers; since we share a flat with one living room TV, it just makes sense to share.

Between us we have a NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Megadrive, PS1, PS2, PS3, Xbox, and Xbox 360.

Funnily enough my brother's reason for wanting a PS5 at this point is the console itself "looks cool" haha. I guess if it is indeed backwards compatible with PS4 I'll be able to check out the first Horizon as well, which was always a game I wanted to play someday.

PS5 design is really divisive. We have most going from loving or hating the looks, with a few on the "don't care, won't look at it under the tv".

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
curl-6 said:

PS5 design is really divisive. We have most going from loving or hating the looks, with a few on the "don't care, won't look at it under the tv".

True. I like the way it looks personally. It's not as great looking as the PS3 but it looks slick and unique.

Maybe I'll check out Uncharted 4 on it as well, as I did enjoy the first three.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
DonFerrari said:

True. I like the way it looks personally. It's not as great looking as the PS3 but it looks slick and unique.

Uncharted 4 is my least favorite (if we don't count the spin-off since it is well lower scope), but still great and fun game to play. Will be very cheap for you to try on PS5 if you just go for BC (in case Sony decides to re-release with full price to justify some added tweaks, wouldn't doubt it).

DonFerrari said:
curl-6 said:

Uncharted 4 is my least favorite (if we don't count the spin-off since it is well lower scope), but still great and fun game to play. Will be very cheap for you to try on PS5 if you just go for BC (in case Sony decides to re-release with full price to justify some added tweaks, wouldn't doubt it).

Even if they did remaster it, I'd just choose the PS4 version for a cheaper price.

curl-6 said:
DonFerrari said:

Even if they did remaster it, I'd just choose the PS4 version for a cheaper price.

Only way I would buy it as remastered would be if it was 20 bucks or less... I didn't buy even the UC 1-3 collection (got as gift long after) and GoW3 and TLOUR I think I paid like 10 bucks. And I bet the UC 1-3 had a lot more improvements than a UC4 is likely to have.

On the XSX side, about the only Xbone game I'd be interested in via backwards compatibility is Gears 5.
Still, between the two that's three extra games in addition to the new ones they bring to the table, every little bit helps fill those gaps between big releases.