Interesting is that when I made the thread couple minutes later it was like
PS - 5
Xbox - 7
Switch - 1

Now couple hours later PS reversed it
PS - 11
Xbox - 7
Switch - 1

I guess because of the thread on the Xbox reveal there were more Xbox members live when I posted the thread or just because it was more recent on memory and they were happy with the show they voted for it.

Whats surpriseing is theres actually 7 people that think the Xbox event was better, imo.
Fans arn't always objective though, so voteing by preferance of your brand probably explains it.

Around the Network

MS for me.
Halo look really good for a crossgen title, but the gameplay and new open world are the most exciting for me. People compare this to Horizon 2 en ps5, but forget Halo launch this year and Horizon 2 in one or two more years (Game look incredible )
The Medium give me the Silent Hill vibes and look very interesting.
Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis was my favorite game of the show (I am a big Phantasy star fan) and with dragon Quest 11 S i have my jrpg quota.
Everwild looks fantastic, but i need to know wht the gameplay is.
Fable , Forza and Avowed show no gameplay, but the studios behind them are very good, so this was great news too.
Stalker 2 was another good trailer.
Another important thing people forget is that all this games are going to be day 1 in gamepass.
In the August event we can see : Hellbalde 2, MS flight simulator, Gears of war tactics and maybe a couple of surprises.
Another good thing about the show is the quantity of games to skip xbox one and be exclusive to xbox series x (No everything is going to be crossgen)

Sorry for my bad english.

Loneken said:
MS for me.
Halo look really good for a crossgen title, but the gameplay and new open world are the most exciting for me. People compare this to Horizon 2 en ps5, but forget Halo launch this year and Horizon 2 in one or two more years (Game look incredible )
Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis was my favorite game of the show (I am a big Phantasy star fan) and with dragon Quest 11 S i have my jrpg quota.
Fable , Forza and Avowed show no gameplay, but the studios behind them are very good, so this was great news too.
Another important thing people forget is that all this games are going to be day 1 in gamepass.
In the August event we can see : Hellbalde 2, MS flight simulator, Gears of war tactics and maybe a couple of surprises.
Another good thing about the show is the quantity of games to skip xbox one and be exclusive to xbox series x (No everything is going to be crossgen)

Let's go.

Phil promised that Xbox One isn't holding Series X back and that the game was made ground up to take advantage of Series X (including on the show), so we can't really discounted that for the graphics, if you liked the gameplay and it going open world that is fine and you can certainly think it is the best game to be released next gen from all announced so far.

Medium, Phantasy Star Online, Stalker 2 are timed exclusives right?

Fable, Forza and Avowed barely showed anything, but yes were among the best graphical wise on the show (but not above what was on PS5 show imho).

Being in gamepass doesn't make the games better or anything, but yes I can see from the perspective of value proposition. But if I were to give points for that I would have to take points for games being on PC, and that would be a shot down on Xbox.

Everything that is MS Studio and had launch date or will launch in the release window was crossgen though (and not surprisingly the best looking games weren't crossgen).

Since you only mentioned the MS event titles none of what was show on PS interested you?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

These are big Xbox guys:

The Xbox conference was terrible...as usual.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkDKV_L4cQs

I Have Concerns About Halo Infinite...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RENoB_iYNG4

Xbox Games Showcase Was Mostly BAD!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va9vs7hj-mc

Most xbox people are themselves saying it was bad, if you listen to podcasts or reaction videos on YT.
PS won the July Event Stand off.

⚠️ WARNED: Trolling (several posts across multiple threads)

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 25 July 2020

Easily playstation, not even close.
Sure both lacked Gameplay, but playstation got more great games:

1. Spider-man.
2. Horizon Zero Dawn.
3. Demon's Soul Remaster.
4. Ratchet and Clank.
5. Returnal ( made by Houmarque a very talented dev. well know for arcade games )

playstation wins, easy on my book.

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
QUAKECore89 said:
Wasn't it PS event just a part 1 while Xbox showcase was part 2? If so, i can't answer that right now, I'll discuss my opinion after state of play show in August 6th.

Sony and Microsoft will be holding events in August. I'd expect both to showcase more games.

Sounds like August will be huge rocket shot. :pog:

PS5 had the better conference:

- They showcased what the SSD (Ratchet and Clank) and the Dualsense controller (Astrobot Playroom) bring to next gen. Meanwhile the Xbox Series X hasn't demonstrated the power advantage in anyway.

- Sony's pipeline is far ahead in terms of development. Most of the SIE games at the conference will most likely release by the end of 2021. Compared to MS, most of their projects (Avowed, Fable, Everwild) seem to be early in development, and won't be out by 2022 the earliest.

- PS5 had larger franchises (GT7, Miles, Horizon:FW) that can appeal to the masses, sell 10+ Million units, and move hardware in the launch year. MS only has Halo for launch and a bare bones 2021. 

- More gameplay for the PS5. The Xbox Series X conference had one gameplay demo (which is currently being meme'd) and a ton of trailers that didn't even give us snippets of gameplay. Even for something like Horizon Forbidden West, predominantly a story trailer, we got little snippets for gameplay.

- There was more surprises in the PS5 conference. Spiderman: Miles Morales and Sackboy were unexpected but welcome surprises. They were more new IP's, such as Stray, Returnal, Project Athia, Pragmata, and for the latter three, they're AAA. Absolutely no one saw the PS5 Digital being available for launch either. For MS, the only true surprise they had was Avowed, and it was a teaser.

- The hard reality check of cross generation development. Some here will still deny this but the jumps in the SSD + CPU simply don't scale to older, much weaker hardware like the PS4/Xbox One. 

Last edited by PotentHerbs - on 24 July 2020

There's an argument to be made that the console war is over. That said, if this is still a competition, I think Sony has had the best showing this year.

DonFerrari said:
Loneken said:
MS for me.

Let's go.

Phil promised that Xbox One isn't holding Series X back and that the game was made ground up to take advantage of Series X (including on the show), so we can't really discounted that for the graphics, if you liked the gameplay and it going open world that is fine and you can certainly think it is the best game to be released next gen from all announced so far.

Medium, Phantasy Star Online, Stalker 2 are timed exclusives right?

Fable, Forza and Avowed barely showed anything, but yes were among the best graphical wise on the show (but not above what was on PS5 show imho).

Being in gamepass doesn't make the games better or anything, but yes I can see from the perspective of value proposition. But if I were to give points for that I would have to take points for games being on PC, and that would be a shot down on Xbox.

Everything that is MS Studio and had launch date or will launch in the release window was crossgen though (and not surprisingly the best looking games weren't crossgen).

Since you only mentioned the MS event titles none of what was show on PS interested you?

I dont believe everything xbox executives say. Of course Halo is a victim of xbox one holding back the series x version. but the game run 60 fps in 4k and have multiplayer so is a solid title. Great art? yes. impresive? No. But we have to wait to the final version to make judgment (i dont think the game change too much, only fixes )

The gamepass example was because i am a gamepass user, so this is important to me and others xbox users.

Medium, Phantasy Star Online, Stalker 2 are timed exclusives, but are important. FF7 Remake is a timed exclusive, if i want to  play this right now , i need a PS4. Nier automata was 1 year exclusive too in PS4. If you want to play Medium,Phantasy star or Stalker you are going to need a xbox.

Phantasy Star Online 2 is available in ps4 in japan too. But the xbox version is the only version available in the rest of the world.

The PS event has really good looking games: Horizon forbidden West looks spectacular (the first game is fantastic) and Ratchet and Clank show the advantage of the ssd in the PS5.  GT7 looks good, but i like more the Forza games.

Demon Souls Remake? I want to play that.

Capcom and Square-enix exclusive? Deep down and FF15 make me wait and see...

About the PS vs Xbox question.I think both shows gave their fans a lot to look forward , but they failed to attract new customers. i don't think an xbox fan will swicht to Playstation or vice versa right now.

I would like to clarify that i am not loyal to a brand , i buy the console for the games that interest me at the moment.

If the PS5 were BC with ps2, i will buy one the next year.

I thought both events were on par but voted Sony cause they showed more gameplay.