By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mutha Fu... I should have waited for the PS4 version - Dragon Quest XI S...

Should have waited.

Yes. 6 23.08%

No. 17 65.38%

Just Eff It! 3 11.54%

Total:26

Dragon Quest XI S Coming to the Xbox One and PS4 (With Update)

During the Xbox Game Showcase pre-show, a Dragon Quest XI S Xbox One port was announced. It will be coming to the console. It will also be available via Xbox Game Pass. It will be known as Dragon Quest XI S: Definitive Edition.

Dragon Quest XI is available on the PlayStation 4 and PC. It eventually came to the Nintendo Switch in an “ultimate” edition known as Dragon Quest XI S. The Xbox One version will be a port of the Nintendo Switch version.

Here’s the official reveal trailer. It starts by showing off the standard Dragon Quest XI adventure and all people expect from that. Then, it goes on to confirm that yes, this will have the former Nintendo-exclusive 2D content and extra storylines that were added to the Nintendo Switch version and appeared in the Japan-exclusive Nintendo 3DS version. This also means people will get to participate in that extra boss fight and get to spend time getting closer to party members.

Update: The official website for Dragon Quest XI has been announced. It confirms that this Definitive Edition will also come to the PlayStation 4 and PC on December 4, 2020.

Dragon Quest XI S: Definitive Edition will come to the Xbox One, PS4, and PC on December 4, 2020. You can immediately find Dragon Quest XI on the PlayStation 4 and PC worldwide and Nintendo 3DS in Japan. People can find Dragon Quest XI S on the Nintendo Switch worldwide.

https://www.siliconera.com/dragon-quest-xi-s-coming-to-xbox-one-dragon-quest-xi-s-definitive-edition/

Personal Note: Yeah.  Got the Switch version.  Should have waited.  Everyone should have.

Around the Network

Well, only difference is the visuals, and that's not much a deal.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Anytime you buy a game you are taking the risk that a better/more feature-rich/cheaper version of the game will not come out later. Pretty common these days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

I mean, I thought it would eventually make it to other platforms. But I couldn't wait so I caved in. I'll get it on Steam again.

I prefer DQ as a portable series. So I'm glad I got it when I did.

Last edited by Leynos - on 23 July 2020

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Glad that PS4 and PC players can enjoy the best version of the game. Although, making them pay for a full game again sounds like a scam to me.

btw, If the graphics are gonna be the only difference, I still prefer the Switch version. It already looks great, it has all the aditional content... and it's portable.

Wait...it's 40 freaking bucks? Switch Tax smh... On a separate note... why is this just not DLC?

Edit: So apparently...it is the same geometry and textures as the Switch version...just better framerate and resolution? Ehhhhh...

Last edited by Ljink96 - on 23 July 2020

Signalstar said:
Anytime you buy a game you are taking the risk that a better/more feature-rich/cheaper version of the game will not come out later. Pretty common these days.

to be fair, usually the base game is getting updated for free or at the very least adds content via paid DLC and not a re-release you have to buy again.

Hiku said:
Ljink96 said:

Wait...it's 40 freaking bucks? Switch Tax smh... On a separate note... why is this just not DLC?

Edit: So apparently...it is the same geometry and textures as the Switch version...just better framerate and resolution? Ehhhhh...

It's going to be $40? Where did you read this?

And yeah, I didn't expect this game to look any different than the original PS4 version, since the S version was just about additional content.
Although Persona 5 Royal did update the visuals a bit as well. But that's a $60 game. (Currently 25% off on PSN and Amazon.)

PS4

Xbox One

Yeah it's 40 PS4, Xbox and Steam. And yes it's a shame that it will essentially look worse on PS4 than it should because the Switch version was built from the ground up and this is a port of that. So yeah, when Square said DQXIS was built from the ground up, they meant it lol. 

Hiku said:
Ljink96 said:

It's going to be $40? Where did you read this?

And yeah, I didn't expect this game to look any different than the original PS4 version, since the S version was just about additional content.
Although Persona 5 Royal did update the visuals a bit as well. But that's a $60 game. (Currently 25% off on PSN and Amazon.)

The geometry on Switch a quite a bit lower so we will have Switch geometry on PS4/Xbox. I think what some don't know is the Switch version is not a port. It had to be made from scratch for Switch. Switch didn't support the version of UE4 vanilla ran on. They rebuilt the game and lowered the polygon count on everything. Why it took so long.

They added a lot to the Switch version and I mean a lot. Entire chapters. Not just the music and costumes.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!