By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies Discussion - Quentin Tarantino's best film?

I think the best is...

Reservoir Dogs 4 9.76%

Pulp Fiction 13 31.71%

Jackie Brown 4 9.76%

Kill Bill Vol.1 6 14.63%

Kill Bill Vol.2 0 0%

Death Proof 0 0%

Inglorious Basterds 9 21.95%

Django Unchained 2 4.88%

The Hateful Eight 1 2.44%

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 2 4.88%

Total:41

Its a tough choice but I'll go with Inglorious Basterds. I enjoy all of his films to some extent with Death Proof being my least favourite. Jackie Brown is his most underrated, it's a film that I thought was just ok on my first watch but after repeat viewings I enjoy it more and more. I find that most of his films improve when watched again.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
vivster said:
The one with all the blood and the feet fetish.

So not Hateful Eight then.

Wow, he really seems to be off his game lately.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
curl-6 said:

So not Hateful Eight then.

Plenty of blood, but no foot fetish.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 18 July 2020

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:
vivster said:

Plenty of blood, but no foot fetish. His only film without it.

Does reservoir dogs have any foot stuff in it?

pikashoe said:
curl-6 said:

Plenty of blood, but no foot fetish. His only film without it.

Does reservoir dogs have any foot stuff in it?

No it does not now that I think of it. Make that 2 out of his 10 that don't haha

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network

1. Pulp Fiction
2. Jackie Brown
3. The Hateful Eight
4. Reservoir Dogs
5. Death Proof
6. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
7. Inglorious Basterds
8. Kill Bill vol 2
9. Kill Bill vol 1
10. Django Unchained

I like the top 4 a lot. 5-7 I don't like, but they have redeeming qualities. 8-10 are almost unwatchable for me.
At his best, Quentin is a creative genius. At his worst he is one of the most self-indulgent directors.

Pulp fiction, inglórious bastards and Django are masterpieces but kill Bill vol One is my favourite ,everything about that film is perfect for my tastes

1) Dogs: most actors are just perfect, and all the action and dialogues proceed perfectly and inexorably
2) Pulp: same as above, and the film is much more gorgeous for the eye, but the narration is more sparse, and for once, despite hating it in baroque French tragedies, I usually prefer the more free narration and action of Shakespeare, I prefer the use of Aristotle's three unities of Greek tragedy in Dogs
3) KB2 (although the best action scene is the massive fight with Lucy Liu's army in KB1)
4) KB1

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Jackie Brown for me.

Of all his film's, I feel it has the most depth and best characterization. It doesn't get as much love and attention as most of the rest as it's more subtle in its presentation, but I really feel it's an overlooked gem.

Second place goes to Pulp Fiction, third to Reservoir Dogs, and 4th to Inglorious Basterds, all superb movies.

curl-6 said:

Jackie Brown for me.

Of all his film's, I feel it has the most depth and best characterization. It doesn't get as much love and attention as most of the rest as it's more subtle in its presentation, but I really feel it's an overlooked gem.

Second place goes to Pulp Fiction, third to Reservoir Dogs, and 4th to Inglorious Basterds, all superb movies.

I find Jacky Brown the easiest to watch again, best at keeping my attention at repeat viewings. While the 'highs' are better in Inglorious basterds, there are no 'low' points in Jacky brown. Not that there really are any 'low' points in Tarantino movies, but Jacky Brown does have the best pacing I think.