By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox and Sony's Next Gen Box Art

Tagged games:

Do you like the next gen Box art?

PS5 is better 19 33.33%

XSX is better 16 28.07%

Both are meh.. 22 38.60%

Total:57

Just recently Xbox showcased their next gen box art using Far Cry 6.

Personal opinion here, both seem like lazy efforts from Xbox and Sony.

Comparison below.

Last edited by Azzanation - on 13 July 2020

Around the Network

I like the ps5 one for now cause the xbox one has too much going on.

Xbox
Xbox Series X . Xbox One X - 4k - HDR - Smart Delivery
Optimized for
Series X

It's a lot of info which is good for the consumer but it makes it look less clean compared to Ps5 which is essentially like. Ps5, take it or leave it. It reminds me of cars with a ton of bumper stickers.

Last edited by Jizz_Beard_thePirate - on 13 July 2020

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:

Xbox
Optimized for
Series X

It's a lot of info which is good for the consumer but it makes it look less clean compared to Ps5 which is essentially like. Ps5, take it or leave it.

I am more worried about the (Optimized for Series X) Sticker pasted on the front of the case, hoping that's not going to be a regular thing. 

However i guess it depends on how its shown and the art on the box. The Halo Infinite fan made picture looks pretty good.

Azzanation said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Xbox
Optimized for
Series X

It's a lot of info which is good for the consumer but it makes it look less clean compared to Ps5 which is essentially like. Ps5, take it or leave it.

I am more worried about the (Optimized for Series X) Sticker pasted on the front of the case, hoping that's not going to be a regular thing. 

However i guess it depends on how its shown and the art on the box. The Halo Infinite fan made picture looks pretty good.

Yea I think if they got rid of the optimized for series X sticker and maybe put that somewhere else, it would clean it up quite a bit.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Xbox is better but that "Optimized" logo is bad. They should get rid of it.

Around the Network

XSX version isn't hot, but is better than the PS5 version imho.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Why did Xbox keep the 360 logo all these years? If they are then I wish the box would look like PS4's but green to be similar to the 360. 360 pre redesign had the best boxes ever IMO.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I think they’re both somewhere between meh and just fine, but ultimately, it’s not exactly a detail I need concern myself with. Don’t expect any such cases will end up in my apartment.

the series x box art looks like "we need to make sure there's no possible way a consumer, even the dumbest one, can be confused" but x10, the transparency of it all is nice sure but it looks cluttered and so much as a result, don't 4K Ultra HD and HDR and stuff like that usually get advertised on the back of the box anyway? and the optimized for series x logo is fucking huge, hope that can be removed or made smaller at least

ps5 one is nice, I dig the new color scheme and it's a lot more simple

To me, they pretty much realized nobody cares about game cases and how a particular platform's game case looks like. Xbox Series X is virtually the same as Xbox One, except it now just says Xbox at the top.
PS5 is almost identical to PS4. Same blue Blu-ray case, but with the PS5 logo with different colors in the banner. The PS5 font seems the same as the PS4 font. I wish Sony would've used white or black for the PS5 cases. PS1 was a jewel case, PS2 was a DVD case, PS3 was a clear Blu-ray case, PS4 is a Blu-ray case. And now PS5 is the same.
Game cases barely matter though. As long as they're not cumbersome or flimsy, it doesn't matter much.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima