Forums - General Discussion - Where are you from ?

eva01beserk said:
Dominican Republic. Currently living in the US.

Nice to see a fellow Dominican here! Never thought I'd see it



Around the Network

I live in the United States rn, more specifically New Jersey. But I'm from Dominican Republic



eva01beserk said:
curl-6 said:

It's strange, I've always felt really safe here cos we have no large land predators and I'd be much more scared of a bear or big cats than spiders or snakes haha. 

In my 31 years here I've only ever been stung by a couple of honey bees and bitten once by a spider in my sleep so didn't even feel it and it wasn't a very venomous one so I just had a little swelling on my hand for a few days.

I don't know. I think I'm more afraid of the danger I can't see than the one I can see. If a bear show up I can try and run or shoot it since I can have a gun here(AMERICA!!!), but a deadly bug or snake sneaks up on ya and nothing you can do until its to late.

Well, a bear or big cat could also ambush me unprepared, while it's easier to escape from a snake (they're mostly timid and flee from people anyway) or squish a bug haha

Last edited by curl-6 - on 11 July 2020

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

eva01beserk said:
curl-6 said:

It's strange, I've always felt really safe here cos we have no large land predators and I'd be much more scared of a bear or big cats than spiders or snakes haha. 

In my 31 years here I've only ever been stung by a couple of honey bees and bitten once by a spider in my sleep so didn't even feel it and it wasn't a very venomous one so I just had a little swelling on my hand for a few days.

I don't know. I think I'm more afraid of the danger I can't see than the one I can see. If a bear show up I can try and run or shoot it since I can have a gun here(AMERICA!!!), but a deadly bug or snake sneaks up on ya and nothing you can do until its to late.

!

On the outside chances you have an encounter with a bear, and you're not joking, do not run from a bear that has taken an interest in you. It will close the distance in a shockingly fast manner. When it catches you, and it will, all you can really do is not panic at that point. Even with a gun....It better hit that pea-brain f***ing square.



Chinese food for breakfast

 

javi741 said:
eva01beserk said:
Dominican Republic. Currently living in the US.

Nice to see a fellow Dominican here! Never thought I'd see it

I thought the same. It seems we tend to like gaming but not argue about it online. I guess that makes us the bad one :p



It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
COKTOE said:
eva01beserk said:

I don't know. I think I'm more afraid of the danger I can't see than the one I can see. If a bear show up I can try and run or shoot it since I can have a gun here(AMERICA!!!), but a deadly bug or snake sneaks up on ya and nothing you can do until its to late.

!

On the outside chances you have an encounter with a bear, and you're not joking, do not run from a bear that has taken an interest in you. It will close the distance in a shockingly fast manner. When it catches you, and it will, all you can really do is not panic at that point. Even with a gun....It better hit that pea-brain f***ing square.

Shoot first? Now thats American. Lol 



It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

curl-6 said:
eva01beserk said:

I don't know. I think I'm more afraid of the danger I can't see than the one I can see. If a bear show up I can try and run or shoot it since I can have a gun here(AMERICA!!!), but a deadly bug or snake sneaks up on ya and nothing you can do until its to late.

Well, a bear or big cat could also ambush me unprepared, while it's easier to escape from a snake (they're mostly timid and flee from people anyway) or squish a bug haha

I'm not sure about big cats here. Maybe wolf's? I don't know really whats around here. 

But what's that spider you guys have that's suposed to be able to bite through a boot? I would not dare try to squish that. 



It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
curl-6 said:

Well, a bear or big cat could also ambush me unprepared, while it's easier to escape from a snake (they're mostly timid and flee from people anyway) or squish a bug haha

I'm not sure about big cats here. Maybe wolf's? I don't know really whats around here. 

But what's that spider you guys have that's suposed to be able to bite through a boot? I would not dare try to squish that. 

I've actually never heard of such a spider.

Statically, the most deadly animals in Australia are actually horses and cows haha. 



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Ontario, Canada



 

 

curl-6 said:
eva01beserk said:

I'm not sure about big cats here. Maybe wolf's? I don't know really whats around here. 

But what's that spider you guys have that's suposed to be able to bite through a boot? I would not dare try to squish that. 

I've actually never heard of such a spider.

Statically, the most deadly animals in Australia are actually horses and cows haha. 

Yeah big cats and wolves aren't really dangerous anywhere to humans. Even in Africa with all of the Lions, the bigger danger to humans are Hippos. But even then Snakes and insects far surpass any of those.