Forums - General Discussion - Where are you from ?

Farsala said:
curl-6 said:

I've actually never heard of such a spider.

Statically, the most deadly animals in Australia are actually horses and cows haha. 

Yeah big cats and wolves aren't really dangerous anywhere to humans. Even in Africa with all of the Lions, the bigger danger to humans are Hippos. But even then Snakes and insects far surpass any of those.

Australia is actually pretty safe, the amount of people we have who die per year from snakes/crocodiles/etc is actually really low and we haven't had a spider death in decades.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network

I’m from Seattle Washington in the US. Currently living in Salt Lake City Utah.

Farsala said:
curl-6 said:

I've actually never heard of such a spider.

Statically, the most deadly animals in Australia are actually horses and cows haha. 

Yeah big cats and wolves aren't really dangerous anywhere to humans. Even in Africa with all of the Lions, the bigger danger to humans are Hippos. But even then Snakes and insects far surpass any of those.

Not sure about the snakes, but for insects at least isn't that much more to do with the diseases that they carry? ie. the insects themselves aren't all that dangerous, it's just that there's a high chance they could be carrying a deadly disease which they can pass on to you.

Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Virginia.

curl-6 said:
Farsala said:

Australia is actually pretty safe, the amount of people we have who die per year from snakes/crocodiles/etc is actually really low and we haven't had a spider death in decades.

Yeah spiders aren't that dangerous. Venomous snakes definitely are though.

Ka-pi96 said:
Farsala said:

Not sure about the snakes, but for insects at least isn't that much more to do with the diseases that they carry? ie. the insects themselves aren't all that dangerous, it's just that there's a high chance they could be carrying a deadly disease which they can pass on to you.

Yeah mosquitoes mostly.

Around the Network
Farsala said:
curl-6 said:

Yeah spiders aren't that dangerous. Venomous snakes definitely are though.

They're dangerous alright, but on average they only kill about 2 people per year, in a country of over 23 million.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Brazil.
Vai Corinthians!

Born in Nevada; Moved to Arizona when I was 10, lived here ever since.

Hardware Comparison Threads:

PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch: 2019 vs. 2020
(https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/241660/ps4xbons-2019-vs-2020/1/)

EnricoPallazzo said:
Brazil.
Vai Corinthians!

Chinese food for breakfast

COKTOE said:
EnricoPallazzo said:
Brazil.
Vai Corinthians!

eu disse corinthians, nao sao paulo