Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why don't people talk about handhelds as much as console?

What do you guys think is the reason? It's somewhat surprising for me because usually handhelds sell just as much if not more than consoles yet they don't get talked about as much. For example, the Gameboy sold 118M through its lifetime which kills the SNES's 49.10M units sold but I still see people talk about the SNES way more than the Gameboy. Same goes for the DS and Wii where I feel like people mostly talk about the Wii. Maybe it's different for you guys, but generally speaking from my POV I see people talk about consoles far more.

My theory is that maybe portable gaming just isn't as fun or memorable of an experience like console gaming since portable gaming has always been steps back in terms of performance and scope of games compared to consoles, but I'm not sure.

Around the Network

The Switch is pretty popular.

Because people here like fancy graphics more than gameplay.

Because a disproportionate number of handhelds sell to young kids that aren't as active in discussion groups like this one.

Everybody talks about the Nintendo Switch , and it is gonna outsell the Nintendo Switch (maybe)

I like Nintendo and Sony but more than this I love video games

Around the Network

They do. Theres a ton of Switch topics and its pretty popular.

Because we would have to admit that videogame storytelling peaked with Ghost Trick on the DS.

ARamdomGamer said:

Because we would have to admit that videogame storytelling peaked with Ghost Trick on the DS.

Thought it was Cory in the House DS

sethnintendo said:
Because people here like fancy graphics more than gameplay.

So console games don't have gameplay?

Last time I checked gameplay has always been capped on handhelds until not long ago when the Vita launched with two analog sticks to even control games like consoles could since the PS1.

Wii U failed as much as The PSVita did but people shit more on Nintendo than Playstation.
Basically in terms of the type of gamers who goes on forums have some type of "hatred" when it comes to handhelds and mobile devices. They see it as casual gaming and doesnt want to be in the same boat as them.

Pocky Lover Boy!