By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Here's an article about the official release.
https://venturebeat.com/2020/07/17/june-2020-npd-the-last-of-us-part-ii-has-best-u-s-launch-month-of-the-year/

There is a lot of interesting stuff in the article, but here is a table breaking down the revenue numbers.

June 2020 Dollar Sales, Millions Jun’19 Jun’20 CHG
Total Video Game Sales $934 $1,178 26%
Video Game Hardware $231 $191 -17%
Video Game Software (Physical and Full Game Digital Formats from the Nintendo eShop, PlayStation, STEAM and Xbox platforms for DLP Participants) $382 $570 49%
Video Game Accessories & Game Cards $322 $417 29%

To contrast here are the May 2020 NPD numbers.

May 2020 Dollar Sales, Millions May ’19 May ’20 CHG
Total Video Game Sales $642 $977 52%
Video Game Hardware $150 $235 56%
Video Game Software (Physical and Full Game Digital Formats from the Nintendo eShop, PlayStation, STEAM and Xbox platforms for DLP Participants) $262 $438 67%
Video Game Accessories & Game Cards $230 $304 32%

Not only are hardware numbers down YoY, but they are also down compared to last month.  Meanwhile software is noticably up.  I'd imagine TLOU2 contributed a fair amount to the software numbers.

Last edited by The_Liquid_Laser - on 17 July 2020

Around the Network
kenjab said:
NPD for June has been released, all I've seen so far is official data, which is that hardware was DOWN 17% over all brands YoY. Sounds like shortages have finally taken hold. We'll see when/if we get leaks

Couldn't it just be because there were no E3-related boosts and discounts this year?

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 17 July 2020

Thread update

Hopefully we get numbers soon.

Congrats to Switch again. Not that anyone should be surprised.
And Animal Crossing really holding it down with No digital sales. There is a reason why Nintendo will never change their pricing method.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Ryng said:

Software charts

Dat jump in Ryng Fit Adventure sales...

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Ryng said:

Dat jump in Ryng Fit Adventure sales...

simple but creative.

7.5/10

I think once it is in stock Ring Fit could be a system seller too.

Breath of the Wild back in the top 15

Dat Ring Fit Adventure jump.

Switch continues winning as expected, hopefully we somehow get numbers again.

Shadow1980 said:
Wow. So, no nothing for hardware for June. No leaks. Not even estimates from the predictions thread on Era.

I was getting used to getting numbers again these past few months. Ah well, I'm sure we'll get them for PS5/XSX launches and holidays....I hope