By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I can stop being angry - Crash Bandicoot DOESN'T have microtransactions!

Well, it's Activision. Expecting them to not do this exploitative, underhanded shit is at best naive at this point. This is the company that added laid off 800 workers the same year they reported record revenues, and the company that in the past has added microtransactions to their games months after release so they wouldn't affect the reviews for the game. The industry in general, especially in the AAA side of things, will always do everything it can to squeeze out money from their customers, so I can't even pretend to be surprised.

Around the Network

Its an Activision game. I would be surprised if it didn't have micro-transactions.

Over the last year or two, since the big blowup over loot boxes, I've found that microtransactions in general have become a lot less significant in games. I was never really bothered by them. I am definitely not bothered by (most of) them anymore.

Game development and publishing is a business. These companies exist to make money. If they can make money through voluntary purchases of cosmetics (which is what most of them are these days), in games that were voluntarily purchased in the first place, I see no problem with that at all.

Can't wait to see what they have planned for the Spyro sequel then.

Yeah.... while I liked the trailer, this and the developer (plus the lack of development time) makes me feel that this will be a fairly shallow experience and the 100+ levels will more or less the same, and are made to stretch out the game. It went from a "buy" to a "maybe when it hits 10$" pretty damn quickly.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

Probably just skins.

Captain_Yuri said:

People seeing Crash with MT's:

Me, knowing Activision too well:

Like, did no one on this forum expect this?. CTR hat MT's, so it was only logical an SP Crash was going to come loaded with MT's and be sold at a high price. People keep lapping up what they sell, so they'll keep doing it.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

I don't mind the MTX in CTR, I mean they gave us a ton of new tracks/modes and like a thousand skins for free while other games tend to offer this amount of content with a season pass. Earning everything took me some time but I prefer to have fun earning time and maybe do some grinding instead of buying a season pass.

Crash 4 probably will have the same, new levels with new challenges that earns you stuff/items and with those items you can buy extra skins if you but also an option to buy them. I find it still hypocretical that people prefer 2/3 season passes in a game that gives you the stuff immediately instead of earning them for free :s.

Damn it,i never bought the spyro and crash bandicoot remastered games because of the extremely shit publisher and it seems like i will miss out on the next crash too.
Still have a lot of good memories on those games from the ps1 era.

Immersiveunreality said:
Damn it,i never bought the spyro and crash bandicoot remastered games because of the extremely shit publisher and it seems like i will miss out on the next crash too.
Still have a lot of good memories on those games from the ps1 era.

Scroll up fam