Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is your favorite console this gen?

Your Favorite Console This Gen?

Switch 30 44.12%

Xbox One 5 7.35%

PS4 33 48.53%

Total:68

Switch, because of exclusives like Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2 and Luigi's Mansion 3, and motion controls.

Third parties have largely not been to my tastes this generation, but the Switch also has access to most of the few that interest me, like Doom 2016, Witcher 3, Hellblade, and soon Doom Eternal.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network

Since Switch is part of gen 9...

My vote goes to PS4.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Switch bro

Switch. I like Nintendo games the best, so the system that plays them was always going to be my favorite.

The one with the best games.
Hint: Ghost of Tsushima is coming next month for it and I can't wait.

Around the Network

Wii U!

Gameplay > Graphics

Substance > Style

Art Direction > Realism

Does PC count?

I mean, consoles are basically PCs. Which should mean the inverse is true too, right? PCs are basically consoles.

If not then PS4.

Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Switch, though it took a while to get there to where I could say I mostly love the console. Partially my fault I suppose since I used to be (and still am) pretty bad at finishing games, but I also just found most of the 2017 lineup disappointing (Mario + Rabbids, Splatoon 2, Super Mario Odyssey, to a lesser extent Arms and Xenoblade 2, cause I didn't give Arms much of a fair shake), and I didn't even buy the 2018 lineup. 2019 was pretty amazing though, and there's a ton of high quality third party releases which I could see listing as some of the best stuff on the console.

Zelda fans are the worst 

Tough call. Depending on the day, any one of them could be the favorite.

It was the Switch but, due to Nintendo fucking up Animal Crossing, I haven't played mine in over a month. Shout out to the Wii U and all of the great times we had, btw.

At this precise moment in time, I'm gonna vote for Xbox One.

mZuzek loves Starfox Adventures

Switch.

PS4 is 'okay'. Not bad, not great, there's good games, but it's mostly uninteresting to me. A sizeable drop form the PS3 anyway. WiiU was even a bit worse. Actually though if you'd include handhelds I'd say 3DS wins 8th Gen for now.