By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Original Xbox or Xbox One?

Which is better?

Original Xbox 39 69.64%

Xbox One 17 30.36%

Total:56

More exclusives. Had a better halo, splinter cell

Around the Network

Original XBox for Project Gotham Racing, Rallisport Challenge, best version of Burnout, Fable, Jade Empire, Crimson skies, Blinx. It was a great box and set me up to buy the 360 day one with zero regrets. However I never bought a One since not enough compelling (true) exclusives to get one.

I miss PGR. Don't care for Forza at all. Bring back PGR

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

I've had more fun with Forza Horizon games.

I say that as a person that still owns a copy of PGR4.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

d21lewis said:
I never owned an original Xbox but it had a certain mystique about it. I had a PS2 and a GameCube and I loved them but I always felt like I was missing out on something. Online play at a time when it was just beginning to go mainstream or the feeling that it just had one best versions of multiplats. It was definitely a worthy console.

However, I've purchased SEVEN Xbox One consoles. Five for myself, one for my daughter, and one for the son of a lady I used to date. I love it.

I'm not gonna vote but one console never got me to buy it and the other got me to buy one for myself and others.

Well it was great to have if there were some PC games you wanted to play. Then it some notable exclusives.

However, I think people forget the overall library was lacking. I would imagine many Xbox owners had a PS2 to fill the void.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I don't feel Xbox One just has quantity, it also has more quality/enjoyable titles.

While Morrowind was unique for its time, Oblivion and Skyrim were are generally considered superior if you don't have nostalgia. I know we're ignoring BC but its also better on X1.

Also, if you're gonna revisit Halo 1 and 2, I would suggest doing it on a X1.

Oblivion and Skyrim were more Xbox 360 titles rather than Xbox One titles.
Sure you got the remastered Skyrim release... But for all intents and purposes, it's still a fundamentally an Xbox 360 title.

Morrowind laid allot of the design principles that we have come to enjoy out of Elder scrolls, to the point where Skyrim took it's musical-cues... And morrowind was a very unique game artistically where Skyrim is more Nordic in it's styling.

And sure, playing Morrowind, Halo 1 and Halo 2 might be better on the Xbox One in 2020... But keep in mind that they are just re-releases, they aren't defining  entire genres and getting the entire gaming industry excited as they are the same games with a new coat of paint. - Plus the re-releases of Halo 1 and 2 on the Master Chief Collection on Xbox One when released was a bug ridden, colossal mess, which didn't help matters at all.

The Original Xbox got the entire industry excited with Halo 1 and 2, it was the talk of the gaming industry, today? Xbox doesn't really get that same community focus and excitement with a games release.

The Xbox One and it's game library isn't bad, it's actually rather good.
I just feel as a gamer the OG Xbox with it introducing new console rendering design principles (I.E. Progammable shaders, deferred rendering etc'), new genre-defining games (Halo 1 and 2) and new ways to play (Multiplayer online) were pretty unique at the time and it laid the foundations for everything that came after, including the Xbox One... And that is why I believe it is the more important and superior platform.

I wasn't suggesting Oblivion was a 8th gen game. That's just when the series really exploded because it appealed to a wider audience.

If we are comparing consoles, I think its fair to look at all the games on it. Skyrim is a Xbox One game, so is Halo 1 and 2. Most importantly, so is Voodoo Vince.

Halo:MCC was a mess at launch. But that's not reflective of the product today. Also, the campaigns weren't that buggy. Its the online that was the real disaster.

If you ask me which is the better platform, I look at the libraries. Not their impact or my nostalgia. Again, I feel SNES was better than N64 simply because it had a stronger library. That's how I am comparing OG Xbox vs X1.

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:
Leynos said:

I didn't ask you but k..

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I didn't ask you but k..

"Just talking to myself on a forum. Not looking for a conversation or anything."

Recently Completed

The one that have good nonracing exclusives.

Beyond the genre-redefining epics of Halo 1 and 2, the original Xbox also had the likes of Jade Empire, Prince of Persia Sands of Time, Burnout 3/Revenge, Chronicles of Riddick, GTA, Splinter Cell OG/Pandora Tomorrow/Chaos Theory, Ninja Gaiden Black, Oddworld Munch's Odyssey/Stranger's Wrath, Half-Life 2, Doom 3, Knights of the Old Republic, Morrowind, Blinx, the Timesplitters trilogy...

I certainly wouldn't describe its library as weak or lacking, it had a great many of the most acclaimed and popular games of its generation.