By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Original Xbox or Xbox One?

Which is better?

Original Xbox 39 69.64%

Xbox One 17 30.36%

Total:56

OG Xbox for OG Halo, Knight of the Old Republic 1 and 2, Republic Commando. What I'm getting at is that it had better exclusives, at least in my opinion.

Around the Network
Leynos said:
Chris Hu said:

I can play way more great Sega games on the X1 thanks to backwards compatibility then on the original XBox.

I can play them on my 360 which I already own and have hooked up. Zero-point in buying an XBO just to play games I can already play.

Well I can play them with a superior controller which is going to be even more superior in the near future since the series X controller is going to the backwards compatible.

Chris Hu said:
Leynos said:

I can play them on my 360 which I already own and have hooked up. Zero-point in buying an XBO just to play games I can already play.

Well I can play them with a superior controller which is going to be even more superior in the near future since the series X controller is going to the backwards compatible.

That is such a childish response. What was your goal here? Did you really think this was productive to convince someone to spend hundreds of dollars to play old games because of a newer controller? But before it was just can play SEGA games. Your sales pitch sucks. You keep moving the goalpost and acting like this. Seriously stop. It's embarrassing.

Last edited by Leynos - on 01 July 2020

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

OG Xbox is already better than the 360 so it is definitely better than the XB1.

Depends on what logic you're coming at this. If we are just comparing libraries, then this is a joke. Both 360 and One have better libraries than OG Xbox. If we're talking about what felt fresh at the time, then people are going to lean with the older console.

Would I rather have the entire library of OG Xbox or Xbox One? The answer is simple, Xbox One.

Last edited by Mr Puggsly - on 02 July 2020

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Bonzinga said:

Well considering you can play (Improved Versions) of OG and 360 games on the One makes this debate kind of pointless.

You can play Wii games on the Wii U as well, yet a lot of folks would consider the Wii to be the superior system.

One could argue that the older system was better in its time or had a better original/exclusive lineup.

But even in 2001-2005 I would rather have access to the Xbox One's library. But of course it didn't exist.

The only logical debate to have is library vs library.

SNES vs N64, SNES wins because it has a better library. So its not just about, "in its time."

Saturn vs Dreamcast is a little more subjective because they both had relatively small libraries and shine in different ways. But I would still say Dreamcast.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
curl-6 said:

You can play Wii games on the Wii U as well, yet a lot of folks would consider the Wii to be the superior system.

One could argue that the older system was better in its time or had a better original/exclusive lineup.

But even in 2001-2005 I would rather have access to the Xbox One's library. But of course it didn't exist.

SNES vs N64, SNES wins because it has a better library. So its not just about, "in its time."

Saturn vs Dreamcast is a little more subjective because they both had relatively small libraries and shine in different ways. But I would still say Dreamcast.

Saturn had over a thousand games released and Dreamcast officially had well over 600. For that time. That's not small. Larger than N64 by a lot. Saturn had more than Gamecube. DC is still getting games made for it sold in retail like Play-Asia. Not licensed by SEGA of course.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Saturn had over a thousand games released and Dreamcast officially had well over 600. For that time. That's not small. Larger than N64 by a lot. Saturn had more than Gamecube. DC is still getting games made for it sold in retail like Play-Asia. Not licensed by SEGA of course.

I live in the US, we didn't exactly have easy access to Japanese exclusive content. If you look at it that way, the libraries are much smaller than the total.

A big factor why N64 had an unusually small library is likely due to the cost of carts. That would explain why Saturn and Dreamcast had more titles with a smaller userbase. Gamecube had a much bigger library than N64 even with a smaller userbase.

Either way, comparing platforms should mean we simply compare their libraries. Not how amazing OG Xbox seemed at the time even if much of the content sucks now. The average game today is not impressed by OG Xbox games, so its not objectively better.

Recently Completed

Xbox One.
Better control and backward compatibility.
But comparing betwen the two, Original Xbox has better Exclusives.

Sorry for my bad english.

Library Quality > Quantity.
Whilst the Xbox One might have the quantity... There has not been a *single* genre-defining game on the system.

The OG Xbox broke ground in many areas with Morrowind being a open-world fantasy RPG that would later define Bethesda as a company and how it's games are made.
Halo redefined an entire genre.
Halo 2 defined what online-multiplayer console gaming could be.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--