By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Original Xbox or Xbox One?

Which is better?

Original Xbox 39 69.64%

Xbox One 17 30.36%

Total:56
Chris Hu said:
Leynos said:

You're moving the goal post. You said Zero. I corrected you and SOA flopped hard on Gamecube.

I own a copy of SOA on the GameCube so I didn't flop that hard I own none of the original X Box games you mentioned and the only ones I heard of before you mentioned them where Phantom Dust and Phantasy Star Online.

Dude, it flopped badly. SEGA was on good terms with Nintendo. Doesn't matter if you heard of them. You said zero. You were wrong. SOA was canceled on PS2 because it bombed on Gamecube. I own a copy as well. I also own it on Dreamcast. I own 2 Dreamcasts. Does that make it the DC wasn't a flop? SOA has never been ported to anything post Gamecube. The sequel was canceled because of how badly it sold on Gamecube. So if a port to PS2 and sequel are canned because of its GameCube sales are not proof enough I don't know what to tell you.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

For me, what ultimately gives the original Xbox the win is it had killer exclusives, something the Xbone lacked.

I mean, Halo 1 and 2 speak for themselves as all time classics, but then there was Panzer Dragoon Orta, Project Gotham Racing 1/2, PC games you couldn't get on PS2 or Gamecube like Doom 3, Morrowind, and Half Life 2...

Forza Horizon 4 is a better killer exclusive then any of the Halo games its the only exclusive game on any console that I will end up playing over 1000 hours. Since FM8 might get delayed until early 2021 it will end up being supported with additional content for over two years.

I'm 100% sure that the people that vote for the origial X Box over the X1 don't own a X1.

Xbox One. Xbox was out for only 4 years there was only so much games that could release in that time. This gen wasn’t the best for Xbox but the multiplats alone elevate it above. Plus Game Pass is a game changer.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
I'm 100% sure that the people that vote for the origial X Box over the X1 don't own a X1.

The fact I don't own one is purely because it doesn't offer enough to make me feel like it would be a worthwhile purchase, which in itself puts it below the original Xbox for me.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 30 June 2020

Chris Hu said:

XBO offered me no reason to buy it. Well, they almost did but they canceled the 2 reasons. Everything else I could get on PS4 which I already owned. OG Xbox had a lot of great SEGA games and Otogi. Oh and some SEGA fans transitioned to OG Xbox when DC died so it has a special nostalgia as well.

OG Xbox was great at the time but X1 is the superior system with superior games and the whole experience. Not even a contest imo.

Leynos said:
Chris Hu said:

XBO offered me no reason to buy it. Well, they almost did but they canceled the 2 reasons. Everything else I could get on PS4 which I already owned. OG Xbox had a lot of great SEGA games and Otogi. Oh and some SEGA fans transitioned to OG Xbox when DC died so it has a special nostalgia as well.

I can play way more great Sega games on the X1 thanks to backwards compatibility then on the original XBox.

Chris Hu said:
Leynos said:

I can play way more great Sega games on the X1 thanks to backwards compatibility then on the original XBox.

I can play them on my 360 which I already own and have hooked up. Zero-point in buying an XBO just to play games I can already play.