Forums - Gaming Discussion - So Motion Control was just a fever afterall?

Have you heard of that thing called VR?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

A lot of Switch games still use them. I'd say Mario Odyssey is muuuuch better with motion controls. BotW, too.

And of course I'm a PSVR fan. Couldn't imagine not having motion controls for that device.

mZuzek loves Starfox Adventures

A bunch of nintendo games still use motion controls in some way. Here's a list
Breath of the wild
1-2 switch
Mario kart 8
Arms
splatoon 2
Mario odyssey
Various labo kits
Mario tennis
Captain toad
mario party
lets go pikachu/eevee
ring fit adventure
Brain training
club house games

And sony obviously has huge amount using vr. so motion controls aren't gone, far from it. overall I think motion controls are being used in far smarter and more restrained ways now, which i think is to their advantage. I think gyro aiming should be an option in every game that allows you to aim anything.

OP you must be blind

I think motion controls were a necessary stop gap for VR. Without the work put in years before, it would've taken much longer.

PS4(PS5 Soon)and PC gaming

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network

In terms of them being the main focus and having huge emphasis placed on them, for the most part yes.

LTD: PS4 - 125m, Switch - 110m, XBO - 51m

2020: PS4 - 9m, Switch - 22.5m, XBO - 2.5m, PS5 - 4.5m, XBX - 2.8m

Motion control was such a fad, that it started the main control scheme for what is now being touted as the future of gaming, 14 years later. Yep, sounds like a fad to me!

Zelda fans are the worst 

Apart from VR obviously, a lot of people also swear by motion control for GT Sport. Dreams also uses motion control.
Ring fit adventures seems to be selling quite well too.

Nope. As other people stated, its a necessity for VR and is still in use with current gen and next gen consoles. A lot of Switch games use it. Even in PS4, some games use the motion control in the DS4. Take TLOU 2 for example, you are required to shake your controller to rejig your torch when its going out.

Its a good alternate way of adding additional controls that can be quite intuitive and is basically essential for VR.

Not sure. But the Toys to life like Skylanders are a fad.

Pocky Lover Boy!