By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Leaked Lockhart specs

Pretty sure I can bet with anyone the MS won't be releasing a brand new console at 199USD. The speculation on here is just nonsense. And then when MS finally announce the price, everyone just pretends they never posted. 

Around the Network
Drakrami said:

Pretty sure I can bet with anyone the MS won't be releasing a brand new console at 199USD. The speculation on here is just nonsense. And then when MS finally announce the price, everyone just pretends they never posted. 

Of course not. It will be $100, maaaaybe $150 cheaper than the Series X. So anywhere from $300 to $400.

It would be dead in the water if it was only $50 cheaper and MS would go bankrupt (probably not but you know what I mean) if they sold it for as little as $200.

This is probably a better scenraio than what Sony did with the all digital version.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Frank_kc said:
So why would u buy such a thing if it will give similar performance to current generation? Nice spin off.

Also wouldn't this hold off games for xbx since games usually are developed for the lowest dominator console?

Price.

If you can get next gen games at 900p-1080p, and save 200$+ I think alot of people would consider it.

Frank_kc said:
So why would u buy such a thing if it will give similar performance to current generation? Nice spin off.

Also wouldn't this hold off games for xbx since games usually are developed for the lowest dominator console?

What does similar performance to current gen even mean? Compared to what?

Just because a next gen game runs at 1080p doesn't meant it can't look better than a last gen game with a 4k resolution.

Why would anyone buy a PS4 after the PS4 Pro launched? Pretty much the same point, except the PS4 is performing worse than PS4 Pro and Lockhart would be performing better than PS4 Pro. (performing sales in this context)

Last edited by Barozi - on 26 June 2020

Around the Network
Barkley said:
haxxiy said:

I'm fairly sure NVMe SSD + 10 GB of RAM overwhelms 12 GB + HDD easily.

Well the OP just says 7.5gb of ram, not 10gb. But the article says 7.5gb of usable ram. So I guess it does have more memory than the base xbo/ps4.

I'm basing in on the fact that the Series X will have 13.5 GB of available memory and assuming it will be the same here.

0.5 GB is way too little for an OS these days, and 4.5 GB is way too much.

Barozi said:
Frank_kc said:

Just because a next gen game runs at 1080p doesn't meant it can't look better than a last gen game with a 4k resolution.

Why would anyone buy a PS4 after the PS4 Pro launched? Pretty much the same point, except the PS4 is performing worse than PS4 Pro and Lockhart would be performing better than PS4 Pro. (performing sales in this context)

Your logic is inaccurate. ... what's the motive to upgrade to xss if it plays at similar performance level or less to current gen?

Jranation said:
This is probably a better scenraio than what Sony did with the all digital version.

I'm not sure, will cost Microsoft a lot as well. Seeing as they probably take a hit in cost per console. Also they will have to manufacture 2 separate SoCs and platforms to support. I'd rather they went in all ham with Series X and priced that competitively. And go full next gen in a few years.

Having a budget 1080P console in 2020 is kinda meh. Once UE5 and the like comes out we will see even more disparity between the platforms. Having a low end in an already crowded space isn't good for next generation of games, it only benefits those who can't afford new consoles.

I was hoping for at least 6TF minimum, then at least the baseline specs for consoles wouldn't be so low. Yeah this is going to be part of the reason why MS is so confident in 4k 60fps in Series X. Urgh.

Frank_kc said:
Barozi said:

Your logic is inaccurate. ... what's the motive to upgrade to xss if it plays at similar performance level or less to current gen?

Again you didn't really specify what you mean with that.

Quite a few Xbox One X games run at 4k 30 FPS. Why get any next gen console, when most next gen games won't be able to beat that performance? 4k 60 FPS won't be the standard next gen. Is that the answer to your performance question?

Or do you actually expect the Series S / Lockhart to be on the same level as the Xbox One X?
CPU was the big bottleneck last gen. Lockhart will easily surpass Xbox One X in that regard. Same for loading times. So yeah, on the technical level, Lockhart is definitely better than Xbox One X. But if that isn't enough... maybe the fact that not every current gen console owner has a PS4 Pro or Xbox One X, so the jump will be much bigger for most gamers. Also the most obvious reason: being able to play next gen exclusives after the initial cross-gen period.

if the lockhart is 299 or less i am definitely getting it to replace my sons Xbox one s and getting the series x for myself