Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Leaked Lockhart specs

Angelv577 said:
If the cpu is a slghtly underclocked cpu, I see this console to be priced at $399. My xb1X is more powerful in everything except the CPU.

How does the RAM stack up though?  IF Xbox One X uses 9GB GDDR5 for games and Lockhart uses 7.5GB of GDDR6 for games?

Around the Network

I do think the wildcard this gen is going to be lockhart. I'd be curious to see if it makes any difference in sales but that price would be hella good if the console twins cost $500sh or more

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

You have exclusive games like Project Aitha that's designed for PS5, but if the Lockhart low spec rumors are true, does that mean there'll be no Xbox exclusives that will utilize the high power of the Series X then? Also meaning all Xbox exclusive games/multiplatform games must design for the lowest denominator which would be Lockhart.

Blood_Tears said:
Angelv577 said:
If the cpu is a slghtly underclocked cpu, I see this console to be priced at $399. My xb1X is more powerful in everything except the CPU.

How does the RAM stack up though?  IF Xbox One X uses 9GB GDDR5 for games and Lockhart uses 7.5GB of GDDR6 for games?

There is also the SSD drive difference as well and the Hardware based Ray Tracing.  Lack of RAM can be made up with the SSD.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Angelv577 said:

Nah, 4TF of RDNA 2 is better than 6TF of GCN. 

Around the Network
V-r0cK said:
You have exclusive games like Project Aitha that's designed for PS5, but if the Lockhart low spec rumors are true, does that mean there'll be no Xbox exclusives that will utilize the high power of the Series X then? Also meaning all Xbox exclusive games/multiplatform games must design for the lowest denominator which would be Lockhart.

Remember that if lockhart is targeting 1080p, it will require significantly less specs/power to achieve similar visuals to a console that is targeting 4k.

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

The majority of that extra RAM in XSX is for getting the games running in 4K. You can see this already in PC - take a PC game, max out the settings and run it in 1080p. Maybe it will get to 4-5GB of the GPU's RAM usage. Now, using the same settings, run it in 4K - watch the RAM go up to more 7-9GB of usage.

There has already been a great article showing how a 4TF GPU could deliver the exact same games as a 12TF one, only running them in 1080p versus 4K. You really need that much more power in order to push that many pixels.

Captain_Yuri said:
V-r0cK said:

Remember that if lockhart is targeting 1080p, it will require significantly less specs/power to achieve similar visuals to a console that is targeting 4k.

I am curious on how Xbox one fits into this as well since for the first 2 years or so that would be the lowest denominator instead of lockhart. Having to scale things on another Xbox sku for different architecture and no SSD would surely add more dev time to projects. 

Less ram than current gen is a puzzling one.

LTD: PS4 - 125m, Switch - 110m, XBO - 51m

2020: PS4 - 9m, Switch - 22.5m, XBO - 2.5m, PS5 - 4.5m, XBX - 2.8m

Captain_Yuri said:
V-r0cK said:

So if MS makes an exclusive game disc that utilizes the full 4K and all its horsepower, can that same game disc be placed into the Lockhart and it will magically downgrade to make it playable?